Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grader Blades for Club Members

Dutch

Added March 10, 2004
**** LAST CALL ****
I believe I have sent an email to all those who wanted to order a blade explaining how to place your order. If you haven't received an email, contact me. If you haven't paid through PayPal, you have NOT placed an order. I have received several emails asking if you have to be a club member to order a blade. The answer is YES. I have received several emails asking if I will accept a check or money order. The answer is NO. Please continue READING this entire topic all the way to the end. It may answer your questions. ******************************* Added February 27, 2004
Factory notified me that orders for next month's production run must be received by March 12, 2004 Next week, I'll send emails to all those who have indicated they want to order a blade. *******************************
I’ll be placing another factory order for serrated grader blades next month on March 12, 2004. If you can wait, and are a Dues Paid Club Member and want a grader blade for the special $99 price, here’s what to do……… 1) Send me an email at netco-nj@att.net and tell me you want to order a blade. Include your Zip Code, Club Name, and Real Name. 2) I’ll send you an email with your exact total cost. 3) DO NOT send payment at this time. 4) If you want INFO & SPECS on these blades, read my eBay ad > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2381631655 5) If you want to estimate your total final cost with shipping and handling: The blade is $99. My handling charge to pick up the blades from the factory, package them, and deliver them to the UPS counter is $15. For UPS shipping cost, click on this link > http://wwwapps.ups.com/QCCWebApp/request?iso_language=en&iso_country=US Enter your zip code. My zip code is 08234. Enter weight as 40 pounds. Enter size as 42”x8”x3”. Depending on where you live, UPS cost should be about $15-$25.

Dutch, What is the final day a MEMBER needs to e-mail you saying they want a blade to be able to get in on your next order? When are you going to cut off orders?

Steve, I don't know when I will have to cut off orders. I have to place an order for at least 25 blades. From the response I've already received from Club members, that should not be a problem. I also have some regular (dealer) customers that I still have to contact. Then I have to contact the factory and find out when they need to receive a firm order with payment. I'm NOT taking orders at this time. I'm only compiling a list of those who are interested. I suggest that anyone that is interested email me and get on that list. When the time approaches for me to place the order, I will email an invoice to all those who are on the list. If they respond, they will be ordering a blade. If they do not respond, they won't be ordering.

I saw one of these blades mounted on one of John Holcomb's hitches yesterday morning. They are high quality and fit perfectly on the hitch.

Dutch, Are you still only accepting payments by Paypal??I was ready to order one last time until you revised your post saying Paypal payments only... This is not a issue for me now but I thought I would bring it up as it might be for someone else...

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
Dutch, Are you still only accepting payments by Paypal??I was ready to order one last time until you revised your post saying Paypal payments only... This is not a issue for me now but I thought I would bring it up as it might be for someone else...
Kevin, Right now I'm not asking for payment. I'm only compiling a list of those who have an interest in ordering a blade. When the time comes to place the order, I will probably still only accept PayPal. PayPal makes it alot easier on me, and also offers protection for the buyers.

Several members have PMed and emailed me questioning why I only accept PayPal. Here’s why: 1) I offer these blades as part of my hobby. I do not have accounting or shipping departments. I do virtually everything myself. 2) I believe a hobby is something that should be enjoyed and a way to make friends. 3) No matter how simple something is, some people seem to have a difficult time reading or understanding. 4) Since I must pay the factory for the blades when I order them, I only order blades after I receive payment. 5) The first time I offered these blades over 50 members said they wanted one. However, less than half sent payment. Then those who didn’t pay wanted to know why they didn’t receive a blade. 6) Some people put things off till the last minute. When I sent a “last day” notice, I received many emails saying a check or money order would be sent. Some of the checks and money orders never arrived. Other checks and money orders arrived weeks later. A few checks even bounced. But I had already sent my money to the factory. 7) Some people just don’t use common sense. The same person may use several different email addresses (home, work, wife, etc.). A person may use their club name or their real name without letting me know they are the same person. A person’s check may have their home address, but they want the blade shipped to their work address. Some people have even sent a check or money order from a third party without a note or any indication what the payment is for or who they are. 8) Some people have sent me a wrong address by mistake. I have made mistakes entering addresses on shipping labels. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. I got tired of spending hours trying to match checks and money orders to people, asking where payment was only to be ignored, or dealing with bouced checks. That was not enjoyable. PayPal makes it so easy. You have a receipt that you made the payment and I received it. You can use your credit card. If you don’t receive the blade, PayPal will give you your money back. With PayPal all the information I need is on one page. PayPal does the accounting and tracking. I can just click one button and generate a UPS shipping label using the address you provide. Paypal doesn’t cost the buyer (you) anything. The seller (me) pays the small PayPal charges and I think it’s worth it. For those who don’t trust PayPal……… What can I say? Millions of people (including me) do trust PayPal as much as they trust their own bank or credit card company.

• 2 weeks later...
I have received emails asking why you have to be a Club Member to order a blade. I have been accused of trying to "rip off" people for another $10 in Club Dues. The answers are: 1) This special offer is for Club Members ONLY. 2) I have nothing to do with this Club aside from being just another member. I do not get any of the $10 club dues. 3) If you feel joining this club is a "rip off," you can bid on a blade when I list them on eBay without becoming a Club Member. 4) If you think this whole deal is suspicious, don’t trust PayPal, don’t trust eBay, don’t trust this Club, don’t trust me, I understand..... Keep your money safe and don’t get stressed out.

I can't wait to get my new grader blade. That new hitch I bought from John Holcomb is looking pretty lonely sitting there all alone.:) My thanks go out to John Holcomb and Dutch for making this possible for the club MEMBERS.

Dutch, I am glad someone has taken the time and trouble to make the blade available. This looks to be a piece of equipment that I will get a lot of use out of as I have a steep crushed rock driveway and after each heavy rain it is a chore to bring the gravel that gets washed down the driveway back up. Not only will I be able to put it to good use but it looks COOL. Thanks again Dutch!!!!:):):):)

Think about what it would be like if we didn't have this club and all the conveniences and opportunities it brings. To get all the information about Dutch's blades, John's hitches, easy payment through PayPal---none of that would happen. I've had my tractor for 12 years and have learned more about it in the last 3 months through this club than in all those years. People shouldn't complain about a measly $10 to join a club with all the practical advantages this one has.

Nice job Dutch for making these available to all members. Just like Maynard you too are a valuable contributor. Kudos my good man