Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Spring Ad starts running tomorrow

Brent_Baumer

Wanted to buy: Your old used Allis Chalmers, Deutz-Allis, Simplicity and Homelite lawn and garden tractors and attachments. Any condition. Cash paid. 765-555-555 6-9 pm weekdays, anytime weekends. Started a little early this year since the weather is getting better already. Maybe a mistake, maybe not. First time I've tried limiting to Sim and AC stuff. Got waaaaaay to many Snappers and Crapmen, pushmowers and other junk in the past. The ad will pay for itself if I just get one decent deal out of it. I know I'll miss out on the cubs, wheelhorse and deeres this time, but didn't get many calls or deals on those anyway as people think they own gold. I'll let y'all know how it turns out. Brent

I just talked to a guy that ran a similar ad,but he didn't specify what he wants,he really wants rotary mowers to fix and resell,not interested in tractors and the cool stuff-i told him not to turn them down,to call me,and we could work out something..

Last year my brother and I picked up several snappers and craftsmen. Most for free. Got a few free pushmowers. Turned down probably 2 dozen more offers for pushmowers when we got our fill. Some were beyond hope, some only needed minor repairs or none at all. Just ignorant or indifferent owners. We made a few bucks on these but I don't really want to fool with them so I just ran the ad for Sims and AC's. Got a pretty good Deutz 612H and a Landlord 101 last time around (the club auction one) for minimal cash. A 716-6 speed with almost new engine and a parts 712S and some attachments too, for next to nothing too really. Chances are slim I'll "strike gold", but it is fun and keeps me out of trouble. Decided to run the ad earlier due to the weather and to beat the competition. I highly recommend this approach if you don't mind getting lots of phone calls. Brent

Never know where gold sit's Brent. I ran a similar ad a few years ago,and got a B1 out of it,along with a B210,along with some attachments.

After 2 days only gotten a couple calls. No deals yet. My offers weren't good enough. When it became clear there was no deal, I informed one guy of this site and tried to convince him to keep his parts machine and his 3 others and become a member of this club. Surprised a little that I haven't had "nusince" calls about Murrays, Craftsmen, Snappers etc. Guess the ad is working in that respect, which is good.

Caller #3 was reluctant to sell this 712H for a mere $80, but since it hadn't run in 2 years he decided to take the cash......

Sounds better than it is. He said someone rebuilt the engine for him, he used it for awhile then it starting losing power then quit on him. He towed it back to the garage and bought a new one. The mower deck is also seized up. Don't know what's going on there yet. Brent

hi - the adds work great - i run one in the local buy and sell magazine - free adds !! - renew them every 2 weeks year round - i get a call every week or two and have gotten alot of great stuff - a 4041 with loader ( runs great ) $250 - 7016 with lots of attachments and rebuilt motor $300 - free b-10's , free mower decks - $50 sickle bar mowers - and more - i actually turn down alot of stuff just because how many tillers or mowers dose one person need - adds are the best thing if your looking for parts or attachments !! - see ya

Going to look at a B-112 tomorrow. Runs, has deck, snowblade and tiller. Got a call for a KT-19 engine out of an AC 919 tonight. Probably gonna get 'em both, if so the B-112 will be for sale soon - don't like them FDT much. Brent

Well, I didn't get the B112. It was in fair shape and complete, but the variable speed didn't work well. I'm sure it just needed adjustment and lubrication but since I have not messed with one before I didn't want to make a mistake. The blade was a nice 46" heavy duty, the tiller was also nice with the tine extensions (42" W ??) but the deck was stored outside and frozen up. She wouldn't take any less than $500 for it all. Certainly fair on her part but a little more than I was willing to pay, although I did consider it based on the condition of the tractor and especially 2 of the attachments. Had a couple more calls one a 6216 - told him I was not interested, and a guy with a 7116H w/ no engine, 7117H w/ bad engine and B10 not running. He wanted $1200 for all. I told him I was not interested and didn't even bother making an offer as I knew we were miles apart. $1200 for a bunch of non-runners is outta-line. Brent

Brent,my ad stirred up a collector with about 60 pieces,everything from Simplicity walkers, bee's,tillers,etc.He's north of you,and south of me.I'll let you know what happens.

Picked this up today - for free! The guy said it wouldn't go and now wouldn't start. The drive belt was off and it was out of gas! It threw the belt because it only had 2 loose engine mount nuts and the other 2 were missing. It runs and drives now and is going in the classifieds momentarily...

Also got a call for a WD45 w/ bushhog. Hasn't beed started in over a year. He wants $1800 for it. Brent

The WD sounds good, they are good tractors, my dad half owns a WD45, andy my uncle owns a WD. I'd go for it.

Well, I ended up getting the B-112. I couldn't let it go wondering where it would end up since it is in good original condition. If I liked FDT's I'd certainly keep it but it is going to be put in the classifieds here in hopes a club member gets it to use or restore. The tiller still has much of the paint on the tines and the heavy duty blade is in great shape too. If only the Owner would have kept the deck stored inside too this would be even more of a gem. Even got the original Owner's manual, with the purchase record. Purchased new on April 22, 1969. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/Brent_Baumer/B112_1.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/Brent_Baumer/B112_5.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/Brent_Baumer/B112_6.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/Brent_Baumer/B112_8.jpg[/img]