Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need some opinions

JBLACK

I was mowing with my 7010 this past fall and it acted like it jumped out of gear however it was still in gear, no noises grinding or anything engine was still running.I did not have the time to worry with it and finisihed with the 101.Now I started to check it out and I think its the bgb this is going to be the first one out of 5 tractors that I will be working on the bgb. should I find a replacement?(what models will work?)or rebuild I`ve got to have this ready for spring .thanks in advance John :I

Did you check out the bgb? If the input shaft is turning, but the output shaft isn't then it is the bgb. If the output shaft from the bgb is turning then it is either the tranny, the drive tube, an axle key , or the diff. You have to find out what is still turning and what is not.

Likely its inside then but dont forget, on the front of the bgb there is a key in the driveshaft mount too. The driveshaft turning doesnt necessarily mean your turning the input shaft but likely if the key was gone, friction would still turn the input shaft a little, at least in neutral.