Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Christmas came. Early --there're Mounted--On the B

MPH

About 3 days after I got the Snow-hogs for the front of the Landlord C.R. Tire called and said they got in the back order of tri-ribs. Well, I only been missing everyones stock for about 3 years now so I did the 'for all else there's M/C' trick. Slow boat mail for half price of priority took 2 wks. Don't tell me them ain't prettier then 4 kittens in a box.

That young man earned a tip tonight, about 5 pm no way tonight, about 5:55, phone rings, hey, we close at 6, found time to mount your tires. So I took two framing squares and did some measurements Trailer tires that came on 725---15 3/4 inches. 4.8x8 OEM's, off the Landlord, now on 725--16inches. 4.8x8 New tri-ribs, headed for B-112 after painted---16 1/2 inches. 4.00x8

Think your right Mike, I'm gonna like these tires. They steer real well on the hard pack snow, almost can keep the blower from sucking itseld into the berm.

HubbardRA
Marty, I just bought two tri-ribs 4.00x8 from ebay at the "Buy Now" price of $20 each and $8.56 shipping for both. Got them in one week. They look just like yours. Hope to mount them this weekend. I was surprised that they were rated with max load at 39 psi Anyone know what the blue and yellow stripes around the tread of these tires means?

MPH
Paid 19 for mine Rod. Slow boat mail was 29 buck for 4 tires and 4 tubes. Two would be mounted by now but the tire man was busy, said he'd have them in the morning. He don't charge me enough to fight with them for 2 hours with vise and screwdrivers.

HubbardRA
MPH, I have a manual tire changer that I can use to break the old ones loose. Wheels won't fit on the changer for mounting, so I too will have to use screwdrivers. Getting old ones off is always the problem. New ones usually go on easily.

thedaddycat
Well Marty, since you're gabbin' about tires I guess I'll show you what showed up the other day........ These are the wider ones, think they'd do OK with those front wheel weights???? LOL

Here's the tread pattern closer up.

Tread depth is about a thumb's worth....

KenK
Kirk those are really good biten tires,I have a set on the front of the B-112 with the blower. Marty as far early Christmas or late,I would say that it would have to be a late gift,that way you have something to look for next Christmas.:D

HubbardRA
Kirk, Are those 6.50s or replacements for that size? I'm putting my tri-ribs on my 716H but I may need replacements for the 6.50s on my 712S. I know they don't make tri-ribs for the wider wheels. Thinking I may want to get some like you just bought. Where did you buy them, and if you don't mind telling, what was the price?