Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
simplicity707

b-208

simplicity707
After I get my Broadmoor all fixed up and nice, I plan to start working on the 'basket-case' b-208. I had a couple of questions. How hard are these to find parts for? I haven't really had all that much time to look it over, but I hate to see it sitting there, useless. If i'm not mistaken, I think they are identical with the Simplicity 717? The only differnece I can see is the transmission. Are these transmissions strong? I know it has a good one, and the whole thing has good potential for being operational again. How hard are the deck bearings to replace? It's got a 36" deck, it was frozen when I got it, but it's unstuck now. The bearings are rough, I would think you could grease them up and they'd be good as new. I would appreciate any help from you. I'm kind of new to the Allis-Chalmers part. Thanks, Dave P.

Chris727
The deck takes the same bearings as the simplicity decks, each spindle has 2 sealed bearings. Since they're sealed you cant really grease them. Even if you have a grease fitting on the spindle, the grease just fills up an empty space between the two bearings. These bearings are readily available and typically cost about $10 a piece. Other than the transmission, many parts are the same as the 717 but the hood/grill and seat are unique to the AC's.