Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Win a 75th Anniversary Edition Sovereign!!!

Al_Mangani

Thought that might get your attention. AGCO918 and I were talking tonight in the chat room about raising money to help defray the cost of the website. He suggested t-shirts with a club logo, which is fine, but we need to raise some more funds than what t-shirts can generate. I suggested we raffle off a 75th Anniversary Sovereign. Print 150 tickets and sell them for $100 each. Contact Simplicity to sell us one at cost. We probably need to get ourselves established as a non-profit organization first, but this would be a quick way to raise $9 or $10,000 for the treasury. This is just a thought, and we'd welcome your input. Please take a moment and post your responses. Any feedback would be most welcome, both pro or con. Thanks, Al Mangani

Hi Al, I guess I've been out o f the loop. Why do we need $ 9 or $10K to support this site? John(ri)

i dont care what we do .we need to take action.i belong to tractor clubs and they are proud to have their logo on shirts or what ever.this club needs something other than people who want to just talk and take no action.we need to have shows where we meet but alot of you want it in new england where alot of us live in the midwest and would like it here .you cant do anything without everyone being happy.talk when you people want to do other than just talk.talk is not just the answer.al and i have good ideas and none of you want to do anything.we dont need 10000.but need to promote this club and hobby.that is why i have posted on this site our home show and as always nobody ever responds.what is the problem with people.i am very tired of talking to the wall.wake me up when you guys want to have a show or do other than just talk.mickeymouse@bright.net (agco918) ps. good job al on your ideas .

Al, As John said the club has no expenses that large. I don't think we would want the headache of dealing with that kind of money in the club treasury. What is your opinion Kent. Tim

I agree that we don't have that kind of expenses, even though I'd love to win a new Sovereign... 8o) In fact, the club has only spent about $250 to date (I think, Larry knows for sure) and all that was for the programmer who modified software I'd bought to develop the clubhouse initially, and then the recent purchase of the Chat Room software for the clubhouse. While I appreciate the good ideas and enthusiasm, what I see the club needing more than money is the time and effort to get the club organized and energized.... In my opinion, right now, it's not really a "club" at all --just a list of regular (even that varies widely), registered visitors to a website.... Examples of "club-related" questions/issues that come to mind include: 1) How many people have met face to face? I get repeated questions/comments about having "get-togethers" perhaps in conjunction with other, larger tractor shows such as the Gathering of the Orange, the big meet in Portland IN, etc. There's specific meetings/shows for at least Panzer owners and WheelHorse owners that I've heard of. If you (as a group, large or small) want to get together, someone needs to take the initiative to get it rolling... 2) How many "virtual meetings" on a specific topic or agenda have occurred? Now that I've FINALLY got a chat room here, you could have scheduled meetings or chat (i.e. B.S. sessions) for whatever purpose or interest.... 3) How many "committees" or club initiatives are underway? 4) What is the "purpose or charter" of the club? That would need to be established before any effort could be made to get "non-profit" status.... 5) Do we need a club logo that we could put on coffee mugs, hats, t-shirts, etc. ? 6) And the list of possibilities goes on and on.... I don't have the time to take on these kinds of things, since I already work two jobs (including Air Force Reserves) and some business travel is required, have two sons still at home, have two old tractors of my own, putz with the website, etc. (With the website, it can usually sit and wait until I can find time to work on it --people aren't usually as patient.) Reiterating the "themes" of my previous posts, I've created/enabled a way for you all to "find each other" -- where you, as a group, go from there is up to you....

Hi, Hope I didn't incite a flame war, that was not my intention. I have only been aware of this site and this club for three days now, and didn't have a clue as to how much money was needed to run the show. I got the raffle idea from the Brighton (Michigan) Chamber of Commerce. They raffle off a new Corvette every year by printing 500 tickets and selling them for $200 apiece (that's 100 g's folks). The profit from the raffle (about $50,000) underwrites the chamber's activities for an entire year. The tickets usually are sold out in a couple of weeks. So that's where I got the idea for a 75th ed. Sovereign raffle. I took a stupid guess and figured 150 tickets at 100 bucks each is 15 grand. Back out the 6 grand for the tractor and you end up with 9 grand in the bank. Lower the price to whatever you want, make less, but the tickets are an easier sell. What the heck, print 800 tickets, sell each one here a ticket for 10 bucks, and you still wind up with $2K! Plus, some lucky guy can go home with a shiny new blue tractor with flames and a chrome exhaust for a meagre 10 bucks. Last time I went to the golden arches I spent more than that. This aint rocket science guys. By the way, Weingartz Lawn and Garden, in Utica, Michigan has one on the floor with the price tag lowered to $5,300. Are we getting warm? I'm just one member among the 800 or so of you out there. Let's come up with something we can arrive at a consensus on, and just do it. It shouldn't be very hard to conjure up a logo and have t-shirts printed up, like mickeymouse has suggested. That should help Kent defray the $250 in expenses he has invested out of his pocket for our benefit. I'll be happy to support any fund raiser that the group agrees upon. Heck, if they print a 1973 3416H on the t-shirts, I'll buy a dozen! Al Mangani former owner of: a 725, a 3416H and a 4040; but currently tractor-challenged :-(