Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Can I Be Saved

Agricola

I have a bid out for a running board tractor on eBay. This would be my first Simplicity with running boards. I hopefully won't become an outcast if this goes through. 888 I know running boards are regular items on Craftsman and John Deere. And when I have a job to do that is pure nasty, I use my Craftsman. I don't care if it rolls over or gets broken. But running boards for a FDT guy is a step I'm nervous in taking.[:I]:I

When I started out on my "hobby" I had only FDT's. But along the way I added a 716-6 and a 718H. I don't think it makes one a bad person, or needing to be saved. Each has its good points and its bad points. But they play well together and all have some common traits. Hard working , easy to work on Etc. Now if you were bidding on another color, maybe we might begin to wonder. :D:D

Everything will work out. I have both and most people think I'm ok. I sometimes wonder about the "long stares" though (only kidding). JH

Having lived on Farms for the last 30 years I have had the opportunity to drive all types of tractors. Early AC and MM's with tricycle wheels and old Ford's. The running boards were put on for operator safety and aside from padded seats were the next best improvement on the old timers. Just my opinion but I know I'll stir up the hornets nest.(I personally like hitting em with a stick and runnin like heck)

Well to help you, if you tell us which one your bidding on, we'll save you from yourself and bid it up..... Couldn't resist. Mike

Well your not the only one getting one for the first time...I made a deal on one last weekend...This will be my first as well...Well I should say my first Simplicity RBT because I have a Wheel Horse that used to have running boards:D:D After this summer it will have running boards back on it though when it gets painted...

Since I've recently added a 3415 to my fdt fleet in dec I've come to enjoy the running boards as well. I too find that it plays well with the other tractors and each has their own mission in life now,the 9 hp LL has the J-bucket,the 2110 LL has the 36" blower and the 3415 has the plow. No longer do I fool around changing attachments I just change tractors!:D PS: If you tell me which one your bidding on I promise not to bid on it!!;)

It's easy just take off the running boards and put on some foot pegs. I am just starting to strip down what is left of a wonderboy 700.If you want you can have the foot pegs.No wait I do have one of those funny tractors with those running boards on it so I might need them myself.Bob