Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electric lift and Bucket?????

Bunky

Well, I see alot of the ads for the Johnny bucket with manual lifts used for it. I would think if an armstrong lift will do it an electric lift should as well. I am thinking of putting one on my new style landlord. Have you asked the folks at Johnny bucket what there experiences are with electric lifts? They seem to be real helpful.

Electric lifts (with optional gears) were used to lift the 300 pound 38" tillers, so I would imagine they would lift a Johnny Bucket.

I think these lifts are about the same thing as the trailer jacks...I would think they should be able to handle 300-500 pounds..

Well I thought they might be ok, but just wanted to see if others use there buckets with the electric lift.. I have been using the "Armstrong" method and have used it on my Hydraulic lift... but was thinking of using it on my 716 or 3410 and putting on an electric lift....

quote:
Originally posted by IronPony
Another question is how fast will the electric lift work with a full bucket?? Dan
This is a Good Question I didn't think about this one...

I have heard people say the electric lift is slow and I agree it's not as fast as a hydraulic system (like on the Deere 850 I had),but I have used it with the snowblower and deck and so far I am impressed with it enough to want one for my 3416h, I think the speed is faster than I could reach out and yank on the old manual lift and raise it and I just have to push the button.