Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ehertzfeld

another hi/low question

ehertzfeld
Hi all, on my little broadmoor that Im restoring, hade a 2 speed trany. I have a 3 speed with no tractor to enjoy. To the best of my knolage and from what I can see, if I put the hi/low off the 2 speed, on the 3 speed that should work right? not much of a difference, other than one gear. Right??? Elon

mowerman1193
I put a Hi/Lo on my 3 speed Broadmoor 728 so it now has 6 speeds...I have found it usefull this winter a couple times running the blower... The only thing I had to do was cut/notch out the fender for the Hi/Lo shifter...I just cut straight across from the transmission shifter cut out then down a little..Take a round file and round the corner in it to look factory...

mowerman1193
Forgot to say that on my project 717 I have a extra three speed trans that I will put into it to make a 3 speed round hood tractor...I am doing this so I can run my revitalizer and extra tiller on it.. I will just keep it for a back-up tiller...as I plan to run a ad in the paper to till gardens this spring to make me somemore tractor funds,LOL

mowerman1193
You will still have to cut a fender then...If I understand you right...your going to do the same as me..(put a 3 speed into a 2 speed tractor?)You will have to cut out the fender to be able to get the 3 speed into 1st gear...

mowerman1193
Elon,That is looking good...Front tires look a little small though,LOL You should get some tri ribs for the front and some bar lugs on the rear..I plan to put 20x10x8 ags on the rear of mine and tri ribs on the front...I have been told the larger tires will work on the rear and not effect the mower deck or anything...I think I am going to give it a try..If they are too big for the mower then I will just have to use one of the other 4 Broadmoors for mowing...or one of the 4 Landlords..

ehertzfeld
The front tires are just on to move it around. Well accually the whole rear is just to move it around the shop! The rear for this is in peices readdy to be stripped and painted. Im thinking that thouse little front would look kinda cool for a puller.Elon