Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Garden Mark Pics

riverrunner16

Welp...I never did find the cable for camera so I just bought an el' cheapo..anyway here are some pics of my Garden Mark with the homebrew hydraulics, just a power steering pump up front...seems to work great, the blade came with the newly aquired 816GT...bolted right on. my Garden Mark

and the hydraulic pump on front

and the controls

73 Scott KD7VKW

With a little work you could probably get that pump inside where the original pump was suppose to go. But hey I like it and the tractor looks great!

Nice looking Garenmark, even looks Landlord colors. Is that lift set-up pretty quick? Have you test loaded it for lbs capicity? Nice to have another member west of the Missi. welcome to the club

Martin... maybe we could start a "western division" and meet in Seattle...is that halfway?...or Anchorage maybe..out west miles seem alot longer than they do back east...it does seem odd most members are from the eastern seaboard.....I take it not many of these tractors made it out here ??? ...is the lift setup quick? not sure what ya mean...it will raise the front wheels off the ground. 73 Scott KD7VKW

By quick I ment lift time. I was quite surprized how fast the OEM one on my Landlord is. Seattle might be closer to half way, thats only 2000 mile from here. Think the length of miles up here comes from going 75-100, this time of the year, without meeting a car..Kinda been my conclusion most of the tractors stayed east of the Missi and north of the ole mason/dixie line, with a few spots around that had a good dealer.

Scott: That's a pretty neet set up. If it will lift the front wheels I would think it capable of lifting a bucket, snowblower or other impliment. If you have photo's showing more detail they would be interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Scott, that does look like a pretty clever solution (I always did like homebrew :)). And like comet66 said, I'd like to see more details. I think that might be something I could do!!

Nice job, I like to see those gardenmarks cause thats what started it all for me. JH ps close-up pics would be nice.

Great innovation! I love it! I am also with the other guys. Some better pics and maybe a parts list. I sure like the way you put together parts to get hydraulics working on your tractor. I'd like to do the same. Dan

I've been thinking of doing that on my 64 LL. I was planning on using 2 cylinders, one for the life and one for the angle. The trubble is trying to get cylinders small enough. Northern has some. dubble acting from $80. But you add that up with a pump and valve, and some lines.....get costly! Ive been trying to find used stuff, but am not having very much luck. Elon

Riverrunner, i have 725 and am giving some serious thoughts about a set up like you have, could you please post a closer picture of the pump and controls. Any information you could give would be helpful for me as I know nothing about hydraulics. Thank you for any help :)