Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What to do with the 912H?

williamjordan

Hello everyone! I recently have bought a 912H from a fellow club member, I have just tested the transmission on it and everything seems to be working fine except I belive there is a bearing piling up on the axle tube, not the first nor the last one I'll do lol. But the tractor doesnt have an engine. Both are no big problems. :) . Anyways I was just want to get some of your thoughts on what I should do with it..... I do have some ideas that should work 1. I have two single cylinder DIESEL engines. Lombardini's I belive. Could put one of them in. 2. I have one 3 clyinder DIESEL Kubota engine in pretty much running condition. Needs starter and few other parts. No real problems. I would have to modifiy a radiator into the tractor though. Thats the tricky part:) I think that would be cool to do. 3. I like this idea... Make it in to an articulating (pivit in the middle) 912 with two hydrostatic rear ends for a true 4 wheel drive. This means I will have to find another good rearend and probably do some work with hydraulics for steering and maybe to drive the rear ends. Any other ideas would be helpful! Always looking for other ideas! William Jordan

If the picture in your gallery works, as a dual axeled tractor. I think your probably capeable of creating a 6 x 6. Welcome to this fantastic tractor club.

I put the engine in my 712S. It runs great! Not to sure that I care a whole lot for the shuttle, all my reverse speeds seem to be faster then the forward?? Its all adjust correctly buy the book. William Jordan

Putting Engines in mowers add up quick. Look at my web sight and it shows pics of me building my 920. One thing your gona want to look out for is how fast the engines run if they do not run as fast as the old one you will have problems. The one i have runs 3550 i tacked it.

One thing i wanted to add also is id go with one of the single clinder engines due to the kubota will be probley way to much engine for the mower. I wish i would have put mine in a 720 but my buget limited me to building a 920.