Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
memanpa

backhoe attachment

memanpa
does anyone have one, know of one, seen one that will fit on a powermax? i have heard that they are out there but have had no luck locating one any specs? would it be worth my time and effort to try and locate one, or would i be better off buying a trencher? thanks ed

chivic
Ed, I have located a couple of companies that sell new hoes and they run from $4000-$4500. I just bought a set of plans to build a hoe from a club member. He goes by Powermax Paul. If you go to resourses and then to articles you will see a list of articles on various subjects. Go under powermax and you'll see an article about building a back hoe. Paul did the article. I got the plans and it doesn't look to be too hard. If you can weld (or have a brother that can) and are mechanicly inclined you should be able to do it. I figure even if I have to pay someone to help it will be cheaper than buying one. I hope this helps you out. Chip

Leroy
There was a visitor here who owned a powermax with a fel and a backhoe attached. He lives around gold beach oregon. But it is a rust bucket as it was sitting on the beach with a flat or two. He wanted to sell it for 4 k for the whole thing. If it were running and on all fours it would have been worth it. but the engine was in there sideways and he didnt know if it would run. So they are out there. Try a google search for small tractor+backhoe.