Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
van

John Holcomb's grader blade hitches

van
I drove to John's home yesterday and purchased one of his grader blade hitches. We had a very nice visit, and he gave me a tour of his shop and showed me all the great Simplicity equipment he has. I was able to purchase a rear lift for my 17-GTHL from John's supply of Simplicity parts as well. But my main purpose of writing is to let you all know what a great quality hitch John has made. Not only did he use the specs from an OEM hitch, he made improvements on the original. It's much stronger and provides reinforcement at points that were lacking on factory hitches. The workmanship and fit-finish on these hitches is impressive---they are built to last. He had a one with Dutch's blade mounted on it and all painted up nice. It looked great! So anyway, if you were hesitating about buying one these....don't. You won't be disappointed, believe me.

PhanDad
UPS delivered one of John's hitches to me today. I agree with van's comments. It's a strong, great hitch - all it needs is a coat of paint. John - Thanks for making them for us.

mowerman1193
Ok John, In your last post you mentioned you would have to raise the price's on these..So whats it goning to cost to get one now...I guess I am going to need to buy/build one if I get a blade from Dutch...I am sure others are interested now that Dutch is placing his order soon...

Dutch
Here are hitch photos John Holcomb sent me of one he is going to mount on his tractor. That hitch looks better than OEM. Looking forward to getting mine. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/holcomb1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/holcomb2.jpg[/img]

john-holcomb
I still have 3 or 4 left from the first run for club members. In the future I would guess that the price will be in the $125 dollar range. Thanks for putting the pictures on Dutch, my computer was down all weekend and I'm in the process of changing cameras so I couldn't post a picture right now if my life depended on it.

roma3112
I placed an order for one and for the price i paid #1 i could not build it for that #2 i dont have the time and heated shop laid out to produce somthing this good. I am sure i will like mine when it gets here, I like the black blade against the red frame i think i will steal his idea :D

tractormike
I have ordered one of John's hitches and one of Dutch's blades and from the looks of it and the comments I've read I'm sure I will be happy with it. Thanks to both of you for your work getting these things made!!!:):):)

john-holcomb
Thank you for all the positive feedback, The only problem with making something like this in our shop is that we are used to building parts and equipment for the military and auto companies. I like to think that you get what you pay for, at least at our level. If you don't already know the price of steel, stainless, and alu. has gone up 50% to 75% in the last 4 months, so be prepaired for some higher prices in the summer/fall. I have been in this business 30 years and this is not a good thing. Your 401K is going to go up but so is everything else. John