Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Sid

lifting capacity of 620 3pt

Sid
Hello; I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the lifting capacity (How many pounds) of the 3pt on the AC 620 is? I would like to build a small boom to be able to lift and skid logs with. Will it be enough to do the job or will I be wasting my time and efforts. Any help you you can give will be appreciated, Thanks!

arnoldir
I have a 720 that was bought "well used". When cold it has no problem lifting a 48" wide box blade that weighs around 300lbs. Once warmed up (30 minutes running) it will not lift the blade off the ground. As I understand it, the charge pump in the hydro is worn out. So the moral of story is to check the charge pump pressure once everything is up to temperature, or you may be unpleasantly suprised.

Sid
Thanks for the input guys. JP I'm not quite sure but I would imagine that they would probably be between 200-300lbs. All I nedd to do is be able to lift the nose of the log off the ground so that it does'nt dig in as I skid it out of the woods. Thanks again for the input.

toad270
The 720 that won't lift when warm My DaD had the same problem on his 720 and I changed the o-rings in the cylinders and that cured the problem they where worn just enough to let warmer thinner fluid go by them.

arnoldir
On my 720 with warm lift problem, if I have someone lift the box blade while I'm operating the lift control it will raise (needs about 100lb of assistance). Once it is in the raised position, it will hold it there, which tells me it's not the lift cylinder. When the weather warms up I'll try a relief valve swap, but for now the 720 is sitting this winter out under a tarp while my Cub 7254 keeps busy.