Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jackcobb

A-C 712 rear lift kit. Rod or Cable???

jackcobb
Would anyone know 100% for sure, that when you purchased the optional rear lift kit for a 712 Allis-Chalmers.....was it the rod style or cable style; from the lift lever? I could have sworn when I used to inventory these, that there was a box with a pulley and cable inside and not a rod. A dealer I'm dealing with thinks it is a rod. At the price they are going for.....I just don't want to be wrong. Thanks Jack

RickS
Jack, When I had a rear lift and sleeve hitch installed on my 7012H, the rear lift was via a cable. This rear lift was just installed last spring. If you want to be 100% sure, I would wait for a response from Maynard (UCD). Rick..........

HubbardRA
From everything that I have heard on this site, it appears that all of the 7XX series ACs used a cable system. I however, did adapt a lift to my 716H from an older machine. I bent a slight "S" shape to the rod, went through the right side (instead of the left side where the cable goes), past the bgb, and hooked the rod to the mower lift bracket with an additional link. Couldn't get the rod to fit down the left side. I know that a rod can be made to work. Don't know if the factory ever made such a setup, haven't heard of one.

Karl_Brandt
quote:
Would anyone know 100% for sure, that when you purchased the optional rear lift kit for a 712 Allis-Chalmers.....was it the rod style or cable style; from the lift lever? I could have sworn when I used to inventory these, that there was a box with a pulley and cable inside and not a rod. A dealer I'm dealing with thinks it is a rod. At the price they are going for.....I just don't want to be wrong.
These tractors used a cable for the lift lever.;)100% Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]