Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How is the B-10/Landlord hood supposed to open???

rjgoth

How is the Pre-1966-67 B10 & Landlord hood supposed to open? Can it open from the rear, and swing up; pivoting on the front mounting holes in the hood? Thanks, Ryan

The hood will not pivot on either set of bolts. It will hit the steering column in the rear, or push down on the grill in front. If everything is as it should be, you loosen all four bolts and lift the hood off. The front bolts remain in the hood and the rear bolts remain in the dash. On some, the front hood mounts break off of the grill support. Depending on how the repair is made, you may have to remove the front bolts completely. Pat

The tab has broken off one side of (Ralph) my B10B) [img]/club2/attach/jkmustang1/B104.jpg[/img] But what I got from Dan this weekend will solve it:) A good suport with both tabs:D

[img]/club2/attach/jkmustang1/B101.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/jkmustang1/B102.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/jkmustang1/B103.jpg[/img] Hard to believe this was only last august[:0] The other tractor was a Ranch king 16hp diesel|) Took for ever to sell for $50 15 min. or more:I Ralph when much faster 5min and $100;) I think the sperator was International ?