Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
riverrunner16

Garden Mark hydaulic close-ups

riverrunner16
Here are some close-up shots of the hydraulics on my Garden Mark. I did not actually put the system on the tractor, it was on there when I bought it.

This spring I may try to relocate pump, it looks kinda funky out there on the front, but does work well and I sure wanna at least paint the tractor after seein' how nice some of you guy's have yours lookin' It takes about 2 seconds for a full cycle from up to down. I hope this helps someone, if ya have any more questions let me know. 73 Scott KD7VKW

MPH
The guy who put that on did a pretty clean looking job, no real hacking done, few extra holes left, but the tractor could be returned to orginal looks pretty easy. What kind of muffler is that? looks oval shaped. Hows it sound?

riverrunner16
The muffler I picked up at Lowes,it's alot quieter than when I got it, just a straight pipe..I think I will get a Cub(not Cadet, LOL) muffler with the raincap, hopefully it will "tink,tink" at idle, when I grew up we had a Cub with a belly mower and would love to have another one.My uncle has the Cub now and has restored it along with a Cadet and a Ford Golden Jubilee, but that's back in Indiana. 73 Scott KD7VKW

comet66
That's pretty clever. A few clamps and straps, a little paint, wouldn't take much to neeten that right up. Thanks for the pictures Scott. Gives us something to keep in mind for future projects.

thedaddycat
I think two sceonds is plenty fast enough for cycle time, especially if you need fine control of the blade(final grading) and don't have a "Float" position like the old style OEM hydraulic lifts but still have a solid lift rod(tilling)......

Boney
forgive me for not kowing the proper terms. How far does the pistion shaft travel? How is the pistion shaft thing-a-ma-bob attached to the tractor ? special clamp, bolts ? What do you call that thing on the side of the tractor ?,,,,looks like some type of valve with the two hose lines comming out of the top. Sorry for so many newbie question, thnx for any help :)

MPH
Mounting the pump behind the engine should be a possibity as thats where the OEM is mounted. Size and shape of the pump would be the biggest issue. Well, maybe finding one of the hydro lift pullies that go on the drive shaft be tougher.

AC808
Im just curious...what make of pump is that? im assuming its an auto power steering pump...??? Can anyone tell me WHY the pully diameters are how they are there? Would a different ratio allow more fluid to be pumped or jsut more pressure? or both?

riverrunner16
Not sure on brand of pump, but I will be replacing it soon (leaks really bad) and I will try to get some piston travel measurements tomorrow night..as far as the pulleys I am no expert on hydraulics , but engine speed does not to seem to affect time of cycle, never really clocked it tho, with a heavier load than a blade it might??...Iv'e only had this tractor a month and its only snowed enough once to move snow and its too wet to do anything else..I'm ready for spring! 73 Scott KD7VKW