Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

Spring tooth Harrow missing hitch

Chris727
I got this this weekend but it was missing the lower hitch and the upper rod to fit into the lift tube.

I will just fabricate one if someone who has one of these could please take measurements and give me the dimensions of the hitch and the length of the tube. Thank you! Chris

Chris727
I was hoping to be able to use this sometime. Can someone please help me? The originals are completely missing and I don't know of any I can measure. If I guess at the length It could throw off how it works. Thanks. Chris

rokon2813
I dont have one to measure. Sure somebody around here might. If not and it was me, I'd park the tractor on 4" blocks, then build the pieces so that with the cultivator on the floor, simulating 4"deep, the hitch portion you do have is vertical.

Chris727
That would be excellent. Thank you Kirk! Its getting to be springtime around here and I've got to get my garden equipment ready. I don't know what I'd do without the help I've gotten from this club. Thanks again. Chris

RayS
I had one before also and the hitch that goes on the bottom looked exactly like the hitch on the 36 inch tiller. Maybe you could take a parts manual for each and see if the part numbers are the same. The hitch for the tiller would still be available. RayS

thedaddycat
Mine does not have the top bar either, but here's the lower hitch... It's 12" end to end with the holes 11" on center.

The cross brace is 4" back from the tractor end.

The width is the standard 6 1/2". You can see that one side on mine was broken off at one time and they just welded a tab on the outboard side. This will probably be a tight fit and if it is too hard to mount I'll have to tweak it a little.....

Allis_B12
I just went out and took a quick measurement of the top rod of my harrow. Kirk's bottom hitch appears to be identical. The steel rod that inserts into the sleeve hitch is approximately 3/4" thick and slightly more than 10 1/2" long.