Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

mid 1970's simplicity identify

jmh_trust

any help appreciated... I just got my hands on a mid 1970's Simplicity hydro. The ID tag is torn in the middle so I can only guess at two numbers 16901 (then 34 or possibly 84) then spaces then 001865. It has a 48 inch mower and a tiller with extensions. Both look like stock impoements. Mower deck number 1690502 004180. Can't find number on the tiller yet. I think the tractor might be a 1976 7013H but this is listed as being a "Vickers, limited production". Any help identifying this would be appreciated. Also any suggestions about common problems to look for. Hey, I got it for $200.00 while I'm at it, any idea about its worth. It runs great, mows and tills fine. I did notice that the belt idler pully bolt by the back left tire seems to rub against the rubber? Any suggestions? Thanks. Nick

Hey Nick, wher in the heck do you live that you can check out the mower and tiller? Sorry, your tractors too new for me to know anything about.

hi... I live just outside of Portland, Oregon. I have about 17 acres in various stages of Christmas trees and need something small I can get between the rows. Already have a 1971 3410 Landlord, a 1976 Sears Suburban ST 16 and a 1972 Cub Cadet 127. These things seem to be attracted to me! Oh, yeah... also a 1949 Fyrguson TO20. Nick

Looks like you like the older machines Nick, you found the right bunch of guys to help you out with anything made by Simplicity. If you spend some time on the SimpletrACtor site looking though the 'whats new' section you might find your tractor shown there.

hi Dutch, a simple question... Vickers defines type of transmission? I have a hydrostatic. Lever is on the right by my knee. it has a clamp sort of affair that prevents you from hitting reverse. Also has electric lift, looks stock. Again, I am guessing at the id number since the middle numbers are missing.

1690184 = Baron 13HP system 7013H 1690184 is MFG# 001865 is serial# it is an early 7013H with a vickers hydro transmission 1690134 is a self propeled lawn mower

Nick, I am currently using a 7012H late model Landlord. This is the same basic tractor as yours. I use it to cut the grass in the summer and blow snow in the winter. I have not had any trouble with the unit. While blowing snow I do sometimes think I need more power, but slowing down the ground speed usually does the trick. You will be very happy with your tractor. Rick..........

Leaking transmission could be aproblem, as it is with my 416. Dont know what I can do, since I have no money to have it fixed. Other than that, if it dosent leak, it is a great transmission! I like mine better than the sunstrands.

Vickers Hydro One down fall is the Pintle leaks when the engine is running. I have 3 tractors with vickers hydro's[Allis Chalmers-B112,Simplicity 3212H,3416H] & only one has this problem now.Also in reverse the tractor moves slow. The Sundstrand hydro, moves the tractor faster in forward & reverse. Karl

The Amazing Karnak fits UCD, He just holds a card to his head and whammo the right info comes up. For all you unfamilair with the Amazing Karnak buy/rent some vhs/dvd of the Johnny Carson tonite show archives and you will see the funniest guy on TV ever. As for UCD he is amazing, but look out when he's mad he uses large fonts and oh my gosh Colors to yell at us. Sorry maynard I couldn't resist.

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
1690184 = Baron 13HP system 7013H
Maynard, Thanks for correcting my oversight. I forgot about the older Baron.