Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front counter wt

MPH

While I'm into this wt building kick, since along with the rear wheel wt iron I salvaged from going to the melt down cooker I also got several pieces of round iron that look just perfect for front counter wts, would someone lucky enough to have found an OEM be willing to trace the right side carry and lift arm onto a piece of paper and mail it too me. Thanks..

quote:
Originally posted by Boney
why is the eight movable?
Its a counter balance wieght for the front it moves to counter balance rear attachments such as a tiller...Its just like the rear counter balance wieght it moves so to make the raising and lowering attachments easier on your arms...unless you have hydro lift...

The weight does not only counter the tractor picking up off it's wheels but also to counter balance the weight of the attachment being lifted and lowered using the manual lift system. The question is - Which is it's primary purpose? I think it is designed to counter balance the weight of the attachment being lifted by the manual lift system. Not to keep the front wheels on the ground. Dan

There are front and rear weights and front counter weights and rear counter weights as well as front and rear wheel weights Front and rear weights as well as front and rear wheel weights are static. Front and rear counter weights are moveable and as the name implies they counter the weight of something else. Counter weights can serve both purposes. Counter weights work on 3200/B series tractors and down as the front and rear lift are counter acting (one goes up as the other goes down (rear lift rod) They won't work on the 3400,7000,7100/700,900 series as the front and rear lift go up and down together. (both up, both down (rear lift cable) The 3300 (0nly made one year 70/71) was the oddball transition tractor, parts manuals don't list either a lift rod or cable. There are no rear lift arms or rear lift cable/rod part#'s listed in the parts manual for this tractor.

Marty That slip slot is for the float function. I have not been able to find any info on the Lift rod on a 3300 series tractor or electric lift for it.