Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

TriRibs No Good

MPH
Mounted them up the day I got 'em, started the B-112 up and went out test driving around the yard, pretty impressed. Yesterday I go to start the tractor to move it away from the basement wood shute and nothing, dead as a door nail, pushed it outta the way and spit and dropped 1 1/2 cords down stairs. Today I go check out the B-112 and heres what I found. Disconnected battery cable/pulled apart

So, remove the hood to get at the other end of the cable and get reminded I never fixed the twisted off bolt in the S/G tighteng bracket, loosen it up, quick drill job and an easy out, no biggie, til I find the S/G mounting bracket broken too

out too the welding shop

Just like new

Now I am certain this all had to be caused by the new tri-rib tires, except the twisted off bolt, because it was just fine before I put them on. But, life is grand, sun is shinning and its 28 above zero

ReedS
Marty if they ain't no good send 'em to me so that I can try em!:p On second thought I don't want em, sounds like that have bad luck stuck to em!! Heh heh ;) Nice weld job but it looks like the roof on the weld shop needs repair!!! LOL [:0] It was near 50 here yesterday and we worked with the shop doors open and no heat. Gotta love that fresh air!

HubbardRA
Marty, I didn't need to hear that. I also got mine mounted on the tractor Saturday. Haven't started it or done anything with it yet. Now you have me wondering what is going happen when I go out to really use it.

MPH
Reed, if you notice the 6x6's on the left edge of the pic there is a floor poured last fall for my welding shop. Few more fix-it jobs done, couple more degrees from the sun and I hope to fire up my chainsaw mill and build that roof, already got the tin. You should be safe Rod, you let it sit and get acustom to them for a few days.

mowerman1193
Hmmm you got me to thinking now Marty...I brought that 2010 (with the new tri ribs already on it) home and the very next time I used my Broadmoor 728 the front axle broke...Don't seem like it should effect the other tractors though...I may have to take the hydro lift off that 2010 and take it back where I got it from,LOL