Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
EDS

Glass Fuel Bowl in Carb

EDS
Did you ever want a glass fuel bowl in the carb so you could see first hand if the float is sinking or there is actually fuel in there or if the the fuel level is beyond the top? I pulled a fuel bowl out of the trash ( it had a rust hole in it ) and put a window in it.

The (double strength) glass is about 9/16 square and it is about 1/4 inch from the top. It is held in with JB Weld, an epoxy. The black line is the fuel level.

maxtorman1234
Sounds good, I do wish I had a glass feul bowl. Just curious, do you have windows XP? I do, and it messes up the posting of pictures for me. It replaces the picture name with somethinglike 8523, like it did for you. Just thinking windows XP could be the picture posting problem.

HubbardRA
I use XP on two different computers with no posting problems. The fuel bole with the window could be used to set and check the float, then replaced with a stock one to prevent deterioration of the epoxy. It would be nice to have one of those just for setting up carbs.

maxtorman1234
I have had no problems at all using windows 98, Until I switched to XP, all i;ve had is troubles posting pictures. UCD, I read the instructions, when I upload the file comes up as 8523, the file is named properly, its under 100KB. when I first looked at this post, the picture did not show, cliked on the properties of it, it said the file name was 8523. No idea what it is then.

maxtorman1234
Last 3 or 4 pictures I posted with XP I have been correcting myself. THey are uploaded to the surver correctly, I just get the wrong info. Just tryied one and its working now? Very strange