Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-1 mild restore

KenK

Well I got the urge to paint the old B-1 today.About 3:00pm I pulled it in and ordered some parts. Seat $85 from a local lady. New set of decals $140 plus shipping from Wells Imp. 1 gallon of yellow paint and a pint of hardener $100 from body shop. 1 new front tire $15. Now I'll have to tear it apart,blast it,prime it and get to painting. Good thing I've sold some tractors lately,$300 right of the bat kinda hits the old pocket book hard.[:0]

Ken; Sounds like a good project. I don't think it fits my definition of "mild" though. I started a 3410 a few weeks ago and I figured it would be mild, but it got a little more involved as I tore it down. Little things kept popping up like bushings, bearings, old wiring, safety swiches, ect ect ect. But as its getting re-assembled, Its well worth the effort. I am enjoying my project and hope you enjoy yours too. Ken

I have a B-1 that I restored. It took along time, but it turned out really nice!! There is a pic of it in my gallery if your interested.

Mike, I didn't realize your B-1 was in that bad of shape when you started on it. I could tell your dad was pretty proud of your endevor last winter when I dropped in on you guys

MPH, Thanks! It took a long time. If you ever come by again you'll have to stop in and see it. Dad wanted to show it to you the day you were there he was just to busy at the store at that time. I wish we had some shows closer my way, I would defenantly come.