Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunstar Specs/Parts

clueless

I have another post about advice on a used Sunstar. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good source of specification information. Specs such as weight, fluid capacities, part details (transmission, drive, PTO,etc.) pulling capacity, torque rating, or any other details. Also, where is a good source for buying parts, new or used? Thanks again!

Clueless, I would try www.simpletractors.com for information about the sunstar. From what I have read on this site it is a very good tractor. In terms of parts (new or used) this site has several sponsors who are dealers and several members who are dealers as well. There was a post not to long ago concerning Sandy Lake. The comments stated that this company was great to deal with. I don't have any experience with this dealer, my local dealer treats me right and gives me great prices. Sometimes he is more expensive than mail order, but then he pays for the shipping costs. Rick.......

You should be able to get parts at you local simplicity dealership. Most of the parts are still avalible. You can order a service manuel for them still and that will have all the specs in it.

I've looked at the simpletractors site, but their focus is pre-1980 I believe. I'll continue to look there (and maybe search a little deeper.) As far as parts, I guess I wanted to know if they are still readily available, or if I have trouble down the road I find out that parts are hard to find. Thanks, Steve

Steve Welcome to the club. You might want to join Paid members tend to give out info more easily to paid member than registered memberes. One question answered or problem solved will be worth the cost of membership. Parts for the Sunstar are available from your local dealer as are most of the parts for all of these tractors. There are links on the site to download manuals for these tractors. All manuals are available.

UCD, Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't really consider the pay vs. free side of things this this area seemed to be free, but your point is well taken. $10 is not much to pay for what seems to be a great knowledge source. I've been trying to become a paying member, but I'm having trouble getting the site to accept my credit card (unsure why, it shouldn't be a problem!) I'll figure it out this evening, then I'll be a full-fledged member. Thanks again for bringing this option to my attention. Steve

comet66, Thanks a bunch - that's exactly what I was looking for. The tractor seems VERY sturdy! As you can see, I'm still not a paid member. I found out my problem is with PayPal, and it looks like I'll need to send in my dues by snail mail. I remember I used my credit card number with PayPal several years ago, and then cancelled my account. However, PayPal still has my credit card number on record, and won't let me use it unless I provide the original e-mail and password that I used when I created (and deleted) my account waaay back then. Since that info has long been forgotten, I'm stuck. Anyway, I wanted to say I appreciate all the feedback I've received. I'm anxious to not only be a member, but to actually be an owner as well!

I've been there with PayPal, it all works very well as long as you have your ducks in order. But if you go astray it is hard to get back in line. I opened another account with another card, actually my checking account to continue utilizing PayPal