Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Another Sleeve Hitch

IronPony

Still looking for the right one at the right price. Will this one on eBay fit my AC712?? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11757&item=2598299222&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWA:IT Thanx a million guys!! Dan

No, and not just because I'm the guy bidding. :D The side stanchions on the one pictured are straight. Yours are not. Yours should I think have a cable lift whereas the one pictured is a rod. The holes in the side stanchions for the lift assembly are the same size pictured. Yours I tink should have a larger hole and use a step collar on the left side. I think also the 712 would have another hole below the tube for sleeve hitch rod to attach and the one shown should not. Just what parts do you need? I'm assuming you have at least the side stanchions if your tractor has a seat on it ?? Since the seat hinges on the top hole of the stanchions. I dont think I have any of the proper one for your tractor left but I'll look. I know I dont have the cable for one. Realistically you could make that lift tube work on your stanchions if you could find a step collar for it, but the stancions pictured would be of no use to you I think. Besides, I really want the pulleys on the one pictured ;):D

Usaully I check to see if anyone with a previous bid is a member. Since I have not bid as yet, I had not checked on membership. I try not to bid against members if they have a previous bid going. Thanks for the reply, Dan. Dan

Dan What exactly are you looking for? The whole drawbar or the rear lift arm. You can buy a rear lift arm/kit from your local dealer. The items you have showed are not sleeve hitches. The sleeve hitch is used with brinly attachments This is a Sleeve Hitch aka one point hitch. (the parts outlined in red.) The other parts are part of drawbar

This is a rear lift kit like what is needed for your tractor. It contains the rear lift cable(F), rear lift arms/Lift lever(S) and all of the other items needed to install it

Actually Dan, I dont mind if I am bid against by a member. I try to get things cheap and very seldom bid to the value of an item. You would likely outbid me but you will pay at least close to the actual value. Just wanted you to know, those are not the correct parts for your tractor. That is what you wanted to know.:D

Actually Dan, (to coin a phrase - Ha) I don't think I know just what I do need in the way of a hitch. I have no rear mount attachments. I want to get a tiller but can't act on that want right now do to a pending move from Minnesota to Nebraska in April. Thought I might be able to get the hitch first??? Keep watching eBay thinking maybe there will be a tiller somewhere en-route to Nebrask panhandle area? Dan

Hey Dan uhm Rokon, You're bidding on that item for the same reason I'm watching it. I have a tiller sitting in my garage that needs those pulley's. I don't know what a good price for those are, so I plan on watching and maybe jump in near the end if its not too much. I do have a set of these pullies for my tiller and wanted a set to sell with the other tiller. If I have to I'll fab up a set.

Dan, you better find your tiller BEFORE to move to the wild west. Pretty sure they use sod busting plows out there in the sand hills. Maybe still use the the 1hp style

mbrook, lol I have one near complete set for my tractor and need a set for a second tractor and third. My tiller is going to 3 different gardens this spring and I just thought it would be much easier if all 3 tractors were set up for it and all I would have to do is throw the tiller on the truck and use the tractors at each different home. One is my brothers about 15 miles away and the other is at my moms. If I dont find all the pulleys in time, then I either have to take my tractor to do all 3 or take apart the pulley system and take it with me every time. As for price, I've been told $50 and up just for the pulleys. Havent bought one yet so I dont know for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by IronPony
Still looking for the right one at the right price.
Dan, Getting the "right one" is no problem. You can still buy new. The "right price?" That's up to you. You can make one for cheap using Brent's design in the DIY. The one on eBay right now may not be exactly the "right one," but it could be modified and would make a good start.