Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rarest B-series

mwells

I have seen the following B series tractors in Ontario,Canada. At shows or ones I own now.;) B-10,B-12,HB-112,B-110,B-112,B-210,;) Never seen a AC HB-212,B-212.:( They are geting harder to find every year.:( Karl

So now I know where theyre going:) I'd like to at least get my hands on one single HB. Only seen the 1 AC here, couple small ones, but nothin im interested in. When we went to Nova Scotia, I saw my first and only Homesteader8. THats all i've seen here in Canada.

Too many here to remember Graham ?:D You saw a Homesteader 8 here but there were so many who could remember them all. :):)

Yep, you had alot. Cant remember what was there either. But on our trip to your place, I must have saw 6-7 on the way down there. Here you'd be lucky to find one on our road. That reminds me, the guy down the street does have one though. I;ve seen three in canada, and quite a few at Karl's place.

I agree with Maynard, I think that the HB-112 is the rarest, it was made only 1 year (1968), the first Hydro and unique raised hood. I have seen a few B-110 and B-112 but only 1 HB-112. I have a HB-212 and have seen many of them along with many B-210 and B-212s.

Yes the B-207,208's count too!! We have sold more decals for an HB-112 then we have for B-210's and 212's. I guess location pays a big role to.

Iv'e seen 3 HB-112's in my area and plenty of B-210s.Iv'e only seen 2 HB-212's and one of those is mine.As far as the B-212 Iv'e only seen 1 and thats sitting at my garage.:D

quote:
I'm surprized Karl, last time I saw a list of your fine collection I thought you had at least two of each.
The only Allis Chalmers B's series I have two of.....are B-10,B-12. I owned a B-206,B-208,Homesteader8.....sold them a few years ago to make room for the large frame garden tractor.:D;) Karl

I have no way of knowing, but my guess is that there were fewer HB-112s made than any other model. How many survived of each model, though, is anyone's guess....

Here is the B-210 with narrow tires and 10hp.

Her is the B-212 with wider front tires and a 12hp.

The B212 in this picture had a 14hp engine that I removed and put in my HB-212.My HB had developed a knock and thought the 2 extra horse would be good for it.I installed a 10hp in the B-212 untill I come across another 12hp.

Here is some pics of a HB112 at a show in Arden,NC last fall. It was sold for $400. I thought that was a fair price due to the rarity.Later,Matt

Unless I'm mistaken, the B-12/2012 were available from late 1966 through the end of 1967 and perhaps early 1968, when replaced by the square hoods...

• 1 month later...
The B-1s were made in 1962. 725s were made in 1961 and 1962. These were replaced by the 9HP Landlord and B-10s... Big Tens were made in 1965, continuing into at least part of 1966, before being replaced by the 10 HP B=10s... I have no idea of production numbers, much less how many are left from each year. But there's also a factor in "rarity" of how many other tractors there were to choose from at the dealership. In 1962, for example you bought a 725 or B-1 or you went elsewhere. In 1968, in addition to the HB112, there was the B-112, and the B-110 in the large frame tractors, then at least some of the small frame ones (B-206 thru B-208). Then combine this with all the dealer/distributor holdovers of earlier models in the system. For example, the 1969 price list on the main site shows that dealers could order any of the following: B-212, HB-212, B-210, B-112, B-110, B-10, or Big Ten. Interestingly missing from that list are the HB-112s and the B-12s, so I guess they must have been either hot sellers or limited numbers to start with....

There are several tractors in the Simplicity/AC families that had only a one-year run. The 3300 series was only 1971 production from what I've found. That was when Allis parted ways with Simplicity and there is no direct cross between the two brands, though... The 725 with short steering column and two piece seat was '61/62 and went to a taller steering column and pan seat for '63 and was joined by the 9 HP Landlord about '63/64(information is conflicting about exact dates). This link is for the Simplicity "New in 1963" page, which shows the 725 but not the Landlord.... http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1963/model_725.htm This is for the "Made When" page, which does not show the 725.... http://www.simpletractors.com/made_when/1957-1964.htm I realize this digresses from the original topic "Rarity of AC tractors", but serves to point out that when searching for information you may not be able to establish any solid data even from "Official" literature....