Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord 7112 6 speed

I just had a Landlord 7112 6 speed given to me. I already have a MTD riding mower that works, but I can see that the Simplicity is a better built machine. It is stuck in 1st gear. I am a mechanic. The thing runs very well. Is it worth fixxing or should I let it go ??? Are there parts available for this thing ???? What is this thing worth as is or with the tranny fixxed ??? Everything seems to work just fine and it is still cosmetically fine looking. Please email me. bt_sand_sports@planetsand.com and boyd.thaxton@Rolls-RoyceGS.com Thank you

HI, There should be a plug on the cover side of the tranny, behind the drive pulley. If you look at a picture of the shift forks, you can heat a screwdriver and put a couple of bends in it and you can reach through that hole and pull or push the offending fork back in position. If you need more info just post and I'll address it. I have probably "fixed" 50 of these over the years. This wont' stop it from re-occuring. You need to be careful not to be pulling back on the shift lever when you are shifting out of 1st or 3rd. Good luck, Al