Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Up to date Paint Codes For B-110

10HorseMan

Since I have seen other restored tractors I have decided to restore the B-110, But Before I can get started I need the up to date paint codes, Chrome, Cream and Yellow, All Help Is Appreciated! :D

Justin All of the paint info is available on the simpleTractors site. I am shure you are quite capable to finding it on your own. Chrome is not paint and Black is Black. The three shades of black are Flat Black, Semi Gloss or satin Black and Gloss Black.

This reminds me of a comment we just received from our government customer last week.... We were using black text on a white background for some web pages -- they told us to make the text darker.... What is darker than black? How can you get more contrast than black on white?

I want to paint my wheels white. How can I tell if the paint will be pure white? How many shades of pure white are actually available? If I use a spray can, which is better, Ace Hardware, True Value, or Dollar General? How far do you hold the can from the metal when you push the button? How can you tell if the nozzle is pointed in the right direction before I squirt myself in the face? Which wheel should I paint first? Do I need to take the wheels off the tractor? So many questions, I don't know how I will ever get my wheels painted.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
I want to paint my wheels white. How can I tell if the paint will be pure white? How many shades of pure white are actually available? If I use a spray can, which is better, Ace Hardware, True Value, or Dollar General? How far do you hold the can from the metal when you push the button? How can you tell if the nozzle is pointed in the right direction before I squirt myself in the face? Which wheel should I paint first? Do I need to take the wheels off the tractor? So many questions, I don't know how I will ever get my wheels painted.
Rod I have help for your dilema: At Earl Scheib Paint & Body, our goal is to become your neighborhood choice for quality, affordable tire rim paint and tire black by providing a low cost, complete paint service to get you back in the fields as soon as possible. And, whether your tires require a complete paint job, or a refreshening, our skilled team memebers are trained to follow a 10-step program to prepare and paint your tires for that "new tractor" look you'll be proud of.

I hope Spring arrives soon. From this post and a few above this one it seems that cabin fever has struck many of our members. Maybe some sunshine and a few warm days will cure them. :o)

I took a sample of paint to a local hardware store, He looked at it through some computer and Mixed it instantly. Going to use hardener and Flat black and can not forget the chrome. Fixed a carb to go on the other one to get me by. If he liked black that good then paint the background black and type in white. :D