Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
riverrunner16

816GT tranny problem

riverrunner16
Welp..I got the 816 running tonight after some re-wiring, a new starter and a carb rebuild but the tranny acts funny, it'll go great in 3rd, but 1st, 2nd and reverse it acts like an automatic transmission low on fluid, just has no "uummph" it acts like it wants to go in other gears (and kinda will with lil' pushin'). The drive belt is not slipping and I hear no abnormal noise from the tranny...any ideas ??? Thanks 73 Scott KD7VKW

riverrunner16
Yikes!! only one reply...is that a bad sign? LOL Thisone has me stymied (don't take much)..in searching some older forum topics I thought maybe I sheared a key or something, but if that was the case I would not think it would even try in other gears , I drained the lube in the tranny and it was actually pretty clean and I saw no hint of metal shavings or such. Maxtorman1234....I will send ya a PM. Thanks and 73 Scott KD7VKW

lsenus
Try this link. Page 26 of the document starts with an exploded view of the 3 spd. trans. I did one about a year ago, and they're not bad to work on. Simplicity still makes all the gaskets, seals, & beraings so you should be able to replace anything that needs it. [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_500_879_00_LT_S.pdf [/url]