Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7016 Just Fell In My Lap

Tom_Byrne

I posted a while back about a 7016 Hydro I had spotted in a yard. It had been sitting outside for two years, has a lot of rigor-mortis but the motor turns and it has a grass catcher and 42 inch snowblower. The owner wanted someone to make an offer, I directed several friends to it and no one went after it. That was almost a year ago. The guy called my house yesterday and said he was moving and it had to go. I got it for $200.00 and he says he has "other stuff" for it as far as attachments:D. Don't know much about these newfangled RBT's but for that price I'll learn. Pic's later.

I know the RBT's are better than the FDT's:D Id like to keep both my feet for a few more years anyways. those FTD's sure sound like a sure way to lose one[:0]

quote:
Originally posted by maxtorman1234
I know the RBT's are better than the FDT's:D Id like to keep both my feet for a few more years anyways. those FTD's sure sound like a sure way to lose one[:0]
You don't know what your missing:p

Good for you, Tom_Byrne. I was going to say something about 'luck', but I'd say you made your own luck by keepin' those eyes peeled. Enjoy! Tacey

Sure souds like a good deal, 16HP and hydrostatic, and the blower. Definately worth it, I just wish I could find a briggs up here to drop in the 410. Since the 10HP kohler has a bad knock and has maybe 20hrs on it since the rebuild?

Seems like the best way to find em...."sittin in someone's backyard"...enjoy the new toy Tom and dont forget those pictures. 73 Scott KD7VKW

You just get to liking that RBT real fine Tom.... When you decide to cut that old FDT loose(along with that right side drive vac system) you just keep me in mind..... LOL

Maxtorman, The reason RBT were added to FDT is because the ladies that were driving them were complaing about geting durt up their dress when working the tractors in the fields. { this should generate some good conversation ,,,,lol lol j/k}

Sorry Kirk, the FDT will stay with us for quite some time- I think Gail would kill me if I got rid of "her" tractor even if I wanted to sell it:D! I may get rid of the "enigma 707" though- I'm rapidly running out of space! Didn't hurt much when it landed in my lap Dutch, but it was a good hurt! Unfortunately it looks like I'm leaving for Aberdeen, MD late next month for extended police training until June so I wont get to do much until thats done[V]. Having it sit there is REALLY going to eat at me!

Im pretty sure RB's were added so you could keeep your feet. Besides, I have always been able to prevent the tractor from tipping even with them. Stick your foot out further, also, Whenever I get something stuck, Its stuck for a while. All those things people say about FDT's are no good for me. I still wouldnt mind one though:)

quote:
Originally posted by maxtorman1234
That is true only if you are not vertically challenged like some of us old guys are.

quote:
7016 Just Fell In My Lap
Sounds like you found a good deal Tom. The RBT's are nice to drive;),keeps the mud,grass off your shoes.:o):o) Karl