Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
lboy1971

Walk behinds

lboy1971
Picked up a pair of simplicities last week. One is an LA with the narrow tiller and other is a VA with just the front counterweight. Both have very good 6-12 AG tires and Briggs mod 14 engines. I got the VA running today. After messing with it most of the past two days. Mouse nests,carb cleaning,valve cleaning and tracking down a ground in the points. This is the first engine with a Magnamatic that I have been able to get running. I haven't checked how the newer mag/coils work but this one will spark even when turning the crank over slowly by hand. All I need now is a pair of engine shrouds since these two have been rusted out from the mouse nests. I did get tired of wrapping the rope and yanking trying to get it running so I backed my good LA up to it and hooked a long V-Belt to the VA. Worked great. I have a picture of it. Made me think about linking a pair of walkbehinds together, lol.

ka9bxg
I just might have a shroud for you.I can look in the shed and see.I will be comming down that way to pick up that Wheel Horse from your brother. I will let you know tomorrow after I get out in the shed.The bad thing about the old model 14 engines is that the coils go bad.

Karl_Brandt
Nice find,the Simplicity LA has a Briggs & Stratton model 6 engine 2 hp. Check this link for more information on Simplicity two wheel walking tractors.;);) Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] [url]www.simplicityva.com/simpmodel.html[/url]