Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

parts and pieces...

rokon2813

Some scrap angle iron, pipe, square tube, threaded rod, some old brackets off a bolens trailer hitch and some welding rod...

A little figuring and experimenting to get the angles right for level down and tilted when up...

tilts back pretty good huh ?...

Same hook-up as all the other attachments; 3 pins :D:D

Its ugly and experimental but now that I know it works, maybe some better steel and some paint, a little bit of modification and improvement ;) Takes 2 hands on the manual lift but it lifts 150 pounds plus. Beats carrying stuff around the yard and shop. ;):):)

Thanks Joe. Next is a box for garden supplies to carry on there :D No wheelies Dave ;) Its lighter in the front with the tiller on than with this :D as long as I dont get carried away :D:D I tried it, takes about 225 pounds to lift the front wheels off the floor. Should take a little more than that once I park my 100 and none of your business pounds on the seat. ;)}:)

;)Dan, I see a hyd. top link in your future too!! I bet the cyl. off the Ford would work in there very nicely!! :DWhich reminds me, about time for some progress photos!!!

No progress on the Ford Joe. The engine, tranny and rear end was "donated" to go in it for the cost of removing the truck it is currently in. Which is in a barn that fell down and needs to be removed. Which is under too much snow to find it. LOL Hopefully soon.

Dan, If this is going to involve cutting down that rear, LOTS OF PICS!!! I'm very interested in how it gets done. :DThat is prolly like in July???:D Snown bank almost down enough to see the green hood now!! And calling for 50's and mabey 60 on Monday!!! That is my kinda tractor weather!!

Joe, that Ford cylinder probably would have worked well was it not on its way to Union City Pa. ;) As for the rear, yes it will be cut down, but alas no pics [:0] I'm not doing it, its being sent out. It will be no wider than the standard tractor axles :D Thats a little more involved than I want to get with my limited skills and tools. Halfway thru its first run I would hate for it to look like this /-\ if you know what I mean ;):(:(

Dan, Yup, understand that completely. How about the Ford rears? I saw a 4 wheel drive articulated machine in those? Man you need to play more!! To heck with that making a living!!!:D Ya know, some of your "parts for sale" I could prolly list for you on the machine builders net too, if you were interested. I already put Eddy's welder on there for him.