Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
buddy10297

Simplicity 7016 Advice please

buddy10297
Hi my name is Buddy. I am a new member and I am planning to take over my cousins Simplicity tractor which is a Simplicity 7016 model. I searched through the site however I didn't find any info on this model. I really would appreciate any advice and information that anyone can offer so that I may better aquaint myself with the machine. Thanks in advance.

rjgoth
Welcome Buddy! I dont specifically have any information on that particular tractor but I know there are plenty here who can probally steer you in the right direction. I just wanted to welcome you to the club. Ryan :)

comet66
Welcome buddy! You just invested in what is probaly the most comprehensive fountain of knowledge on these tractors anywhere. I believe several of the members have 7016's. Stick around somebody will show up.

buddy10297
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been reading alot on the site and I really like the club unfortunately I don't have a Simplicity tractor of my own -as of yet- I am really looking forward to working on and restoring a Simplicity tractor.

HubbardRA
Buddy, I have an AC 716H same as a Simplicity 7016H. Tell me what you need to know and I'll try to help. By the way RBT is Running Board Tractor (like the 7016) and FDT is Foot Dragging Tractor (like the older machines that had only foot pegs) There is a good-natured fun-loving squabble between people who have each type of machine. I have two RBTs, and one FDT, myself.

Dutch
Welcome Buddy, If you want to own more than a riding lawn mower (much more), the 7016 will amaze you. The 7016 is a Simplicity designed and built Large Frame Garden Tractor (LFGT). LFGTs were built from 1959 thru 2000 (41 years) and labeled as Allis and Simplicity. There were subtle differences over the years, but the basic tractor remained the same. I would suggest you read the History section > http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/history.htm and look at some the the many attachments available > http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/b_attachments.htm