Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC B-212 rearend help

Bonaro

I have a B-212 and I managed to twist off the right side axle tube next to the differintial....don't ask me how I did it [:0] I have found a simplicity rear axle out of a 3310 V. Shipping will be harsh but... Will it work in my tractor? Does anyone have a rearend for a B-212 they would want to sell? I am in Western Washington and come get it if not far. Thanx, Dan

My axle tube was cracked on my Landord 101, so I made a new one. I orderd some ground round stock steel. Drilled the center out, bored the ends for the axle bushing, cut key ways in it and turned the snap ring grooves. It wasnt too difficult and its made from better steel than new, and I also used a thicker inner diameter than stock so it should never fail again. It sure was much cheaper than buying a new transmission, and risking having the same failure. Ryan

I dont have access to a lathe that will work on that. About all I could do, repair wise, is smack it with a hammer and weld it down. I think they used these transaxles in many different model tractors. I just need to find someone that knows which ones...then find one of those parts... I gotta hurry, the grass is starting to grow. Dan

I'll do some checking, If a tube off a variable rear will work, I have a parts rear here. I could ship just the tube a lot cheaper than you will find a whole rear shipped. Give me a day or 2 to check it out.

Great~! I just added you to my christmas list! Shipping is the big killer here. I found a whole rear for $100 but shipping will easily double that amount.

Dan, I think the hydros are the only ones that are different. If I recall correctly, 3-speeds, 6-speeds, varidrives, and shuttles all use the same tube. Of course I have been known to be wrong a couple of times.

On this topic, I remember someone saying you should put two 1 and 1/4" exhaust clamps on the axle tube, so that, in the even it broke, it would not take out the transmission case. I have a 2110 with loose axle keyways, and until I get around to fixing it, I'd like some insurance. Just can't remember: 1. Do I have the clamp size correct? 2. Is it only necessary to put them on the right rear axle? Why is that? Thanks, Peter