Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rokon2813

My turn to ask...

rokon2813
I'm looking for a picture of a cart like the one below.

Obviously this one is Deutz-Allis. Anyone know where to find a pic of a simplicity cart like this one, that attaches solid to the tractor with 2 caster wheels I think. I think it is bigger too and has a straight back where this one is angled. Even just a model number would help. I searched and all I can come up with is the one above. :DNot you Kirk, I wanna see one assembled. ;)

PhanDad
Dan, You can still get them for the Sovereigns. The model number is 1691526. Manuals for them can be downloaded at the Simplicity techinical publication web site: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/techpubsearch.php

wasmeneh
Rokon, Don't have a picture but I did buy a brand new, NOS one from Tennes(sp)thru John, who's often on this board. Mine attaches to a bracket bolted on the back of my 4211H. With the single wheel it tracks directly behind the tractor and you don't know it's there (except if you turn the wrong way, you have to remember your tractor got a lot longer. I use it with my blower I also got thru John and so far I love it. Mike

JJ MARSHALL
I TOOK A LARGE TORO GRASS CATCHER BOX MADE A BRACKET MOUNTED IT ON MY 416 BEHIND A VACUUM .THE BOX HAS A ROD THAT RUNS DOWN THROUGH IT . WHEN FULL JUST BACK UP TO DUMPING PULL ROD UP THEN PULL DOWN AN DUMP. DO NOT HAVE TO GET OFF TRACTOR.I USE IT MOSTLY GETTING UP LEAVES.

rokon2813
Well thanks guys! Now I have places to look. Here is a pic of why I was asking. Got this off ebay, and Kirk picked it up for me so I wont get to see it in person for a couple months.

Notice that the back, though I have no idea which is back and which is front, looks straight, not angled like all the other pictures. I thought maybe this was more utility type than grass hopper type because it is not angled to dump. Anyway, I intend to use it more for a utlity cart than grass catcher anyway. Just thought since I hadnt seen anything quite like it, maybe someone else had. By the way it is supposed to be NOS :D

thedaddycat
Dan, the Mfg. No. is 1692031. The box is about 30"X30" and the rear gate removes. This pic shows the gate off and the bracket that was in the bottom of it. The spacing of the bracket hitch points is 13", much wider than the 10 1/2" front or 6 1/2" rear hitch spacing.

On the back end by the gate there are two holes, one on either side. I don't know if it flips like the old dump cart or not.

PhanDad
Here's a pic of the bracket that mounts to the back of the tractor:

The above hitch bracket is for the Landlord or GT/1700 Series tractor; the cart is made for the Landlord, GT/1 700 or LT1600 series tractors per the tech web site. PS - I fixed the tech web site link I referenced above.

rokon2813
A big thanks to all. Now I know what I bought ;) It is by that number (thanks Kirk) a "quad bagger dump cart" for the 1700 series (just like Bill said). 13 cu. ft. capacity, twice the capacity of the 2 pictured above. By the pdf. it does dump at those 2 holes kirk pointed out. Cant tell from the pic if it flips or not but that doesnt matter.:D From Bills hitch pic, its not a big jump to make something for any tractor I want to put it on without any mods to the cart itself.:D:D