Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Boney

725 back light

Boney
in this pic there is a back light on the 725. does anyone know where it attaches to the tractor? i can not tell if it is seat, fender or something else from the pic. thnx for the help. :) http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1963/725_pg4_lg.jpg

Kent
I've never seen one on a 700/725, but here's the illustration of the rear bracket for a B-1. It looks like a similar bracket could be used for the 700/725, though it does't have arm rests. Or, you could mount the bracket to one of the fender bolts, like where the end of the Allis armrest bolts... http://www.simpletractors.com/images/wiring/lights_b1-big10.jpg

andy gartner
Boneman You can go the the simptechpubs area and down load the headlite stuff, for the 60's tractors, one of them, illustrates 2 different ways to mount the rear light on the 700/725. Think also, I picked up the 990# from the specs/attachments area under the 700/725 tractors.

andy gartner
Ok B Here's the url it's listed under article no. 990171 at simptechpubs if this doesn't work. 2-ways to install a rear lite and love your 700/725 http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_3588_00_XX_S.pdf A

thedaddycat
The illustration linked by Andy shows a 1963 725, when they switched over to the pan seat and tall steering column. That rear light mounts to the bracket mounted to the seat deck, not possible to mount one like the old style right to the seat bracket....

thedaddycat
Yes, page 3 shows the mount for the cab. The brackets for those tractors' cabs mount to the top of the rear hitch group and uses the same bolts. The light has to be mounted lower and farther back so it won't be inside the cab.... For an installation on the earliest tractors(pre-1963) without the cab, use Kent's pic for guidance.

BigSix
Andy: How did you search out that "Article 171"? I went to the Tech Pubs. site, trying to find the equivalent article for a 2110, using Mfr. # 990432, and although I found the 52 page Owners/Parts manual, I did not find a section on lighting. I may have missed it, b/c my computer is really slow, and I just kept scanning each page, but I thought I would ask how you did that before I continued.... Thanks in advance. Peter

andy gartner
Peter hi, I got the article 171 instructions one of two ways: 1. Got the 990 # from a site search of early Landlords/B seriesAC's/700/725's. might have been under attachments for those tractors. 2. From the url UCD (Maynard) gave me below-go to his post in this forum-3rd from bottom about how to axcess simptechpubs and the part # codes, then punch in part# 200 or part# 600, should give light kits etc. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=19023