Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7 H.P. carburetor finally found

simplicity707

Today, my 7 H.P. carb. was brought over to my house. I was so excited I actually found one to put on my '64 Broadmoor. It was rebuilt totoally, and I only paid $10.00 for the thing. How about that? I need some help though. It was brought to me in a few pieces (not put back together). I never knew there were so many pieces to one of those. What kind are these called? Where could I locate an air filter assembly for it and a needle and seat valve? I appreciate the help. I can't wait to get it on the tractor and working! I'm so happy!! Thanks

If you haven't already got the manual for your tractor, I'd do that 1st - from [url]SIMPLETRACTORS.COM[/url], select 'parts and manuals', and from there take the link to download Simplicity manuals. (Your tractor probably has only a 3 digit model number - put 990 in front of your model number when searching for manuals on the Simplicity site). Some of the operator / parts manuals have pretty good lists of the engine parts as well as the tractor parts. If you have the engine model and type number you may also be able to get the parts manual for it at [url]BRIGGSANDSTRATTON.COM[/url]. I think you select 'briggs and stratton home page' and then 'customer support' to get to the area to search for manuals. You can also search for part numbers from some of the company links from [url]SIMPLETRACTORS.COM[/url] home page. I know Jacks Small Engines site has that capability, and probably others do as well. Hope this helps, and good luck!

You could try your local mower shop,we have 2 in town that have B&S parts, the seat and valve are pretty common,and they could tell you if theres something else missing,and how it goes together.

Thanks for the replys so far. I tinkered with it tonight, put it mostly together, it looks like it's supposed to look. I can't wait to put it on the tractor. I do have the enigne model number and the tractor number as well. Are these types of carburetors good types?

Thats right, Most lawn mower dealers have the parts and most are pretty helpful in showing you how to put it together. Here in Asheboro NC I go to Auto supply on ward street, They have never failed me yet. I rebuilt two carbs one for a B10 and one for a B12. The only thing is the adjusting but there are instructions for that in the archives also. If I can do it for sure any one can do it.