Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Weight Carrier

SmilinSam

Hows this for a counterweight carrier? [img]http://a0.cpimg.com/image/82/A1/30368130-9fbe-01F001AE-.jpg[/img] The uprights are made from a couple of 3400 series front axles. The side plates are made from the 1/2" thick reinforcing plate that goes under the frame under the engine on a 60's Landlord. Those are welded to a Reese hitch I cut down. BBeing its a Reese hitch all I have to do is pin in my ball to pull my trailer around the yard. Don't even have to crank up the trailer dolly, just raise the ball up under the trailer and lift it off the ground:D Theres about 300 lbs of wheel weights on it now woith room for one more weight. If I need more than that I can always add a cross bar to hang more weight off of. Previous experience says Shouldn't need more than 400 lbs of additional counterweight though to lift a complete tractor off the ground without getting tippy.

Thanks for the compliments, My theme anymore is to try to use whats laying around. Why spend money if you don't have to?8D Pat, I have a few more projects on the mind that may utilize some more Simplicity iron....|)