Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ever see one of these motors?

AC808

I was looking around my pole shed today and remember seeing this motor previously. It was today though that I figured I'd see if ya'll know anything about it. Its a single cylinder made by Fairbanks-Morse. This is the only one Ive ever seen. What could it have been used for and how old do you think it is. I searched the web and came up with minimal info. Thanks guys![img][/img][img]/club2/attach/ac808/~ce82.jpg[/img]

I think it could have been used on just about anything. Maybe a grain auger, irrigation pump, or air compressor? It looks like the base was down in the dirt........

Try ASECC. Someone on there will have info on it. Looks like the number palte is still there, anything on it will help.

I never thought that only the magneto could be FM adn the remainder of the motor be something else...the other plate taht is not readable may say Wisconsin on it...Ill have to try to clean it up a bit and see