Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Chris727

EZ Rake

Chris727
I just got an EZ rake model series 100. I know little or nothing about these but It looks like a tow behind, not front mount like the ones for simplicity. It has a 3.5 HP horizontal briggs with gear reduction on it. The swivel casters want to rub against the body of the unit when I tow it around. Has anyone ever seen one of these? I did a search on the internet and all I could find were the ones here for AC. Are these worth much? Thanks. Chris

Chris727
Thanks for the info guys. I'll post a pic sometime and maybe someone will recognize what it was made for. Looks kind of generic but I think it may have been modified slightly. I know the wheels shouldn't rub but they look original, maybe I'm towing it the wrong direction or something.

Dutch
Below are photos of an EZ-Rake Model 100 mounted on the front of a Deere. And the current BlueBird model D110 tow behind. The tow behind units usually have a stationary (non-swivel) axle in the rear and swivels in the front to set the height of the tines. Also are photos of an Allis/EZ Rake Model 111 modified and mounted on my Sovereign. [img]http://www.weekendfreedommachines.org/ez_rake/ezrake_100thatcher.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/bbtb.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/ez-side.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/kirk4.jpg[/img]