Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

'63 B-10 Pulled From Field

Just joined yesterday, seeing as I'm now an AC owner. I was looking for an extra set of wheels to mount the ag tires for my Wheel Horse (yeah, I'm sorry but fortunately you folks seem to be a civil lot) and I noticed a neighbor had an old garden tractor at the edge of his eight acre field. I asked him if he'd sell me the wheels and he suggested I haul the machine away for free (he may have snookered me). It's a B-10. I didn't find it in the cross-reference but when I typed the patent no.s into the search engine, the '63 Simplicity 725 brochure popped up. I've visited this site before joining and I've taken notice of your pride in the engineering of these machines. Mine has seen better days but I agree it was well designed and built -- shaft drive in '63. Kind of makes today's ads ballyhooing shaft drive appear silly. I don't think I've got the stamina to tackle a rebuild but if anyone's interested in this machine let me know. $50 for my trouble rescuing it would be nice but for now let me just describe it: B-10, Ser. No. 028102. The engine and starter are with it -- and I could turn the engine by hand using the front pto. The hood is intact but the grille's gone which is really too bad seeing as they are distinguished. The instrument panel is on it with the amperes gauge and ignition switch. The seat platform, or fender, is with it -- the seat was all dry rot but I've got the mounting brackets and armrests. The drive train is intact but the axle seals are shot. The gas tank has some holes in it and the mower deck has a number of rust throughs. Oh, and somebody made off with the rear wheels. I'm in the Albany, NY area. Adios

Well now GoodEarth that's quite some story the kind I reallly enjoy not just because its about a AC "but" because its just plain interesting to hear a story about a lonely old garden tractor just setting in a field waiting for someone like yourself to rescue it regardless of the brand. I would like to personally welcome you as a new member and hope to hear alot more from you in the future. Hey just someday you might get the stamina to go at the ole girl and make her like new again. I would be interested myself but I live along way from NY "but" I am sure someone will help you find the ole girl a new home. Again Welcome and best to all, >>->happyjack<-<<

Hey DLC - are you going to get up there and salvage what's left? Bring some spare tires to make loading easier! :)

dlcentral
Haa!! piece of cake!I have lotsa wheels/tires.BTW we're taking YOUR truck up there,,,RIGHT!?):I'll buy lunch[at micky d's!] dlc