Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

another whats it worth question

rokon2813

Guy called me up today looking for something else and got to shooting the breeze. Says he has a friend with an "old B for sale" Wants $4000 I choked. Whats with it?? Has a loader just redone including new cylinders has 2 "hole diggers" ? I'm thinking ? post hole diggers ?? And one of them "brush cutting things" ? weed cutter ???? ? Price might not be so bad if its really an original post hole digger and an original weed cutter along with a loader. ? I definately need more info :D:D

Thats everything he could tell me, thats why I need more info. Definatley has me as curious as you guys.

Thanks Bob, I forgot about that one. I know where there is one that looks almost that good too for 1200 with a land plow and something else, cant remember what. Gotta go see these guys i guess. Is that yours? Looks real nice

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
Thanks Bob, I forgot about that one. I know where there is one that looks almost that good too for 1200 with a land plow and something else, cant remember what. Gotta go see these guys i guess. Is that yours? Looks real nice
Don't have the room, just found a picture.

Bob, Ever been over by Spring Green on the 14? There are about 6 of those B's restored sitting there at the Restored Tractor Sale Lot. There's also a Tractor museum right next door with very old tractors of all sorts. Something to see. I drive by there everyday to and from work (it's about 4 miles from my house) Kris

If it's the large B like the pic, my guess would be a sickle bar or perhaps a brush hog along with a PTO driven post hole digger. I've helped a friend who borrowed one of the post hole diggers to set a row of fence posts and in this stony New England soil it is worth its weight in gold......

Sounds to me like the smaller B. The larger ones didn't have a loader that I've ever seen.Pictures man, pictures. Inqiuring minds want to know!

quote:
Originally posted by KSever
Bob, Ever been over by Spring Green on the 14? There are about 6 of those B's restored sitting there at the Restored Tractor Sale Lot. There's also a Tractor museum right next door with very old tractors of all sorts. Something to see. I drive by there everyday to and from work (it's about 4 miles from my house) Kris
Chris the last time I was over that way was when 14 was re-paved. I was qualifying the engine on a concrete breaker. We stayed at a motel just west of Culvers on the north side. The job site was west to the curve where it starts to meander north. Never did see what you mentioned.