Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pre spring activity

BLT

Not to long ago, Roy had mentioned that some of us were suffering from cabin fever. Well this weekend was the quinine to crack that fever. Saturday and Sunday it got up to 59 deg and all sun. Good enough for me to open up outdoor spray paint shop. Rims of 3112 were needing attention, so this weekend they got there due. My Sunstar needed some more cosmetic work and a new set of RTV black rocker cover gaskets. I then was reading more on the Vickers hydro leaking as I have a similar problem (4 oz per year). I then put it into the operating room and the hyd hoses were so hard you could almost break them with a hammer. The pintle area looks pretty dry considering that when I pulled off the first hose from the hydro to the oil cooler, it was like sticking a pig, red all over. Anyways I am crossing my fingers hoping it will be leaking hoses.

Looks like a good weekend :D By the way, I added a blank line between your text and pics. Makes the screen not spread out too wide. ;)

Looks like you're getting ready to till, what with having the rear PTO already mounted and all......

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
Looks like you're getting ready to till, what with having the rear PTO already mounted and all......
Kirk that is all it will do, just rototill and an occasional tractor show. I let the Sunstar do my mowing.

I got the hoses replaced, and after it is all said and done it is like a marriage of snakes. I wasn't the best by Simplicity but it works. I gave it a torture test of full stroke reverse and forward for about 5 minutes on the driveway. It produced a lot of tire 'chirps', but after two days no oil drips on the test strip of cardboard. Maybe I ducked a bullet.

Looks good Bob, I know you are chomping at the bit just like me. Took the mower out yesterday but the grass isn't quit high enough yet. will send you a pic of {The Project}

Good for you Bob, sounds like you made out alright. I've got cabin fever here to but it snowed again last night and brought back the reality of winter. Glad I don't live in Martin's neighborhood.

Iv'e got the grader blade mounted on my B-1,going to move some gravel out of the grass.That will give me something to do while the ground is thawing.Can't wait to get into the garden.:D

Cabin fever here also. Never really could stand winter. Hope that you solved your problem with the vickers. RayS