Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A 616 followed me home

D-17_Dave

Here's what I went to Maryland for. I met some nice people but had some bad road trip.

What's it mean when one piston doesn't move when it runs?

It does run but the thing is it has more power on one cyl. than my 20hp has on both. But I'm working on that too. Maybe I'll have some news this weekend when I get back home. Got to go to Georgia tomorrow, OOOboy another road trip. This time for work, not for me :(O well maybe I'll find something to throw on the truck on the way home:)

One piston doen't move when it runs? Sound like a seriou lack of connection to the crank too me. Which spells pieces on the loose looking for someplace to lodge, hmmmm, don't think I'd run that too much.

Ran it enough to confirm my worst fears. Got to see the hydro and lift work, now to put that cckb in this one. I kinda like the looks of the Allis Hoods better than the 4040. Think I'll put those cleats from the 4040 on it too. Should be pretty tough with duals on it right? Thing is it did run pretty strong, and had good oil pressure. Hope nothing else is broken too bad internally.

I sure like the looks of that tractor, nice find. It looks like a very fun project and you will have quite a tractor when you are done!