Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Info needed on Simplicity 48" Mower Roller Arrange

Al_Mangani

I am in the process of obtaining a 7116H with a 48" mower deck. The former owner apparently has goofed up the roller setup at the rear, and I was wondering if one of you could take a look at your 48" deck and tell me what the arrangement should be. For example, starting from the left, a flat washer a 7"?? roller, a flat washer and cotter pin, a 3"? space, the vertical link, a 5"? space, a cotter pin, a flat washer, six? short rollers, etc..... Any help you could lend would be appreciated. Thanks, Al Mangani

stevejj56
AL, YOUR CLOSE. I WOULD RECOMMEND FILLING THE BAR WITH ROLLERS. I ONLY HAVE 42 INCH DECKS, AND ALL MINE HAVE THE BAR FILLED. I FOUND IT STRENGTHENS THE BAR AND THERE IS NO GAP TO GET CAUGHT ON SOMETHING. STEVE

Al_Mangani
Thanks, fellas. I think I'll go pick me up a few more rollers. Regards, Al

Hi Al, I agree with Steve and he does make a very good point. I have always put as many rollers on that there bar as possible even if I have to cut some with a hack saw to fill the void. Infact one of my tractors when I purchased it had 1" rollers that ran the whole width of the 48" deck "but" there had seen better days so I replaced them with the original style after I used them a few more times. Plus the more rollers you can install the more even the weight of the deck is despersed. Regards, >>->happyjack<-<<

Does this help? 48" deck rollers are clearly visible, while 42" is not... http://www.simpletractors.com/images/b_attachments_images/decks.jpg

dlcentral
I agree. Fill the bar with rollers. The 42" deck on my B-1 is full of rollers. The sad thing is the 42" deck on my new Sovereign is not. There some gaps in the rollers on the new deck. Roy

dlcentral
One modification we do is to cut the rollers and bar down about 2" on each side on the 48 deck,because they WILL catch roots,trees,etc. and bend the shaft.That 2"less on each side for some reason stops that problem!I agree,fill up the shaft with rollers,it will definately make your lawn look even better! dlc