Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My way of showing appreciation to Maynard (UCD)

Dutch

It will be one week tomorrow since Maynard (UCD) has posted in any forum. For a possible reason why Maynard has not posted, read this topic. > http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28534 To demonstrate how I feel about Maynard, I will not be posting in any forum for one week or until Maynard starts posting again, whichever comes first. My decision is NOT meant as a protest or a boycott, and I am not encouraging others to do the same. Nor am I attempting to persuade Maynard to return. This is just my way of showing support and appreciation for a man who has given so much to this club. Some club members may think this is a bad idea, others may think this is a good idea and join me in a week of silence.

I will join you in not posting for a week, to also show my support....... I will continue to read the posts and visit the site. If you really want to be in touch with me I will still read and possibly respond to PMs or email. I will not post to any forums.

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
I will join you in not posting for a week, to also show my support....... I will continue to read the posts and visit the site. If you really want to be in touch with me I will still read and possibly respond to PMs or email. I will not post to any forums.
Ditto.....

Holy Cow, Thanks for the link to show what started all this. Some people just need to learn how to take a joke. I'm in.. Mike

Dutch, I had stopped following the thread of posts you referenced above, about the time the "drive-bys" started. After you posted this topic I went back to read all three pages of replies. Wow, a lot of things were said in the forum that in a face to face envirionment would have lead to a trip outside to the parking lot. B). I would join you in your posting idea, but with an average posting of .08 per day I would hardly be missed. I spend a lot of time reading and researching. I have always tried to find answers myself before asking questions, not only here but in life in general. I do appreciate all that Maynard has done for the club and it's membership. I would hope that most people would. I look forward to having all members contribute in a positive manner as they are able to given their levels of experience. GregB

Count me in too.It just aint the same without Maynard posting and sharing his wisdom.Tony

Dutch, I think this is a wonderful idea, Count me in also, This is one small way that I can show my support and respect for Maynard and everything that he has done for all of us....

Dutch I voiced my support for maynard in that thread you posted, but I to will join you, and i agree 100% with your seelings. Maynard you are very much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I haven't been posting much lately, but still check out the site everyday. I can't even begin to describe how many of my questions have been answered by Maynard. Some questions I asked, others were within other threads. I'd say he was usually the first one on the scene with a good answer when difficult questions were posed. I appreciate all the time and effort he puts into this wonderful club. I think of him as one of the major contributors that formed the solid foundation this club was built on. THANKS MAYNARD!!!!!

I appreciate Maynard as well and have added this signature until he comes back. He's helped me a great deal showing me how to get manuals and putting up with dumb questions. Miss you guys for a week.

I'll join in the silence also. May I suggest to the Club and the officers, that what we call the ebay forum be renamed to "Maynard's Auction Corner" or something similar to honor the man that has given so much of his time and himself for us all. Other than Kent, no one has given more.

John R. and ambler couldn't have put it better from my point of view. Got my first tractor 6 months ago, found this site and got hooked. Posted a few times, decided that I should pay my dues, here I am. I check the site out 3 - 4 times a day. From a very new member I greatly appreciate your dedication Maynard (every time I see a UCD post I know its going to bee good). I can't hang with dutch or MPH for # of posts (think i need more tractors)(look at my # of posts,you will crack a little smile to lighten the mood, think this one's 8), but I will join the silence. Hope to see some UCD posts soon.......

I'll hop on this band waggon! He was the one who fixed every one pictures " I know he fixed mine" and did not say a word about having to do it. I finally leared how to do it the proper way at least 6 monthes into this club. He never told me I was a bone head or the read in to how to post pictures. He just fixed them and whent on hi way. He may come across the wrong way to some people but he has done a lot to better this club. You may not agree with him every time But isn't that what makes the country great??? Any way thats just the way I feel, take it or leave it. My silence starts now, Elon

Count me in, I don't think there has been a week since I have been here that I have not postted somthing. I am sure to go through some type of with-drawl symptoms,,, the shakes, sweats, dizziness. I may even put on 5 lbs. buy eating more Little Debbie snacks just to keep my fingers busy. UCD....hope you come back soon, you are missed by many and if you look at the list of those here { and more to come I am sure } you will see that it is by those who are here very often. Plus you just payed $10 dues and you got to get your $10 worth { said in humor}. Who else is going to answer my questions ? It is the people like you and a few others that make this club what it is and that is a great club.

Guys count me in on this as well. Like kirk said PM's, e-mails ok. Wife's not going to know what to do with me...........

I'm relatively new here also but I sure miss Maynards efforts to look things up and provide detailed information and drawings. This place just hasn't been the same lately. Count me in Maynards corner. Great idea dutch.

I will check in every day but will not post for a week starting at 9:00 Tonight. Yep we all will not get all of the info that Maynard had to offer about the tractors and we should try to get him to come back. I haven't heard him say anything like that before, but there's a first time to everything. :(

Count me in! Maynard you will be missed, don't do this to all us hapless posters! Anyone wanna chip in for a club coffee mug and tee shirt for the man?

I just now read this post Herb, very good idea. I see Maynard is tending the flock again so I will continue to post. Very nice gesture.

Read this earlier this afternoon, didn't reply cuz of the foul mood I was in from tearing my van's frontend totally out so I can replace a 17 dollar bearing, now, fortunely I guess I don't need to. Woody, it'll cost you more then 10 bucks to make enough coffee to sit through it.