Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

simplicity 3012(v)?

I am fixing up a 3012 & am too impaitent to wait for the manual I ordered.what is the box that has 2 pinion gears that runs the drive belts etc. called? & are the two pinion gears avalible?Where? Thanks-Pat Copper

Sandy_Lake_Imp
Bevel gear box parts on shelf in our store. E mail or ph 724-376-2489 8-5 EST or 8-12 Sat.

If I understand your question, you're talking about the bevel gear box (sometimes called a "cross-drive"). It is located at the end of the center frame channel. It connects to the engine via a driveshaft, and "turns" this engine power 90", and drives pulleys on each side. The one on the driver's right connects to the transmission via belt. The one on the driver's left connects to the center power-takeoff (PTO) via belt. Is this the gearbox that you're asking about? If so, parts ARE available for the gearbox itself. Standard pulleys are also available, though the new replacements are not the original cast iron... However, some of the parts in the Variable Speed pulley (the "V" in the model number) that's on the right side of the tractor are no longer available new, I understand.... Not sure which parts are NOT -- someone else will need to speak up on that point.... Hope this helps!