Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Can a 916 hydraulic lift work in a 7016?

Orange

I have a 916 with hydraulic lift that has no engine. I have a running 7016 with electric lift. Will the lifts interchange if I drill a hole for the lift lever to sneak through. I know the 7016 frame is built heavier and has a slightly different shape, while the 916 frame leaves room to accept the twin cylinder engines. Both tractors have the Sundstrand pumps. Has anyone ever converted there tractor in this way? Thanks for your advice.

Yes, It'll work. You'll need to change the check valves on the hydros (If you look at the parts print, you notice they're different). I did this with a 7016 with the 'stuff' from a 7116. I welded a bushing in the 7016 frame to emulate the 7116. It looked 'factory' on completion & worked GREAT! JP

you would be better off dropping the Briggs in the 900 series. Less work. The 900 series equivalent is 7100. the 7000s were not tougher but functionally identical to 7100 other than the 7100 is 4-5 inches longer.

I agree. If the 916H is in good shape you would be better off putting the engine from the 7016 in it. Alot less work, plus the 916 has that "big tractor look":D:D