Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy XL

rs07

Anybody out there looking to buy one of the New Simplicity Legacy XL or Massey Ferguson 2927 Series Garden Tractors? I'm seriously considering it. My local Simplicity Dealer already sold one within a couple of hours of putting it on the showroom floor! They are slowly phasing out the AGCO Lawn and Garden name with only a few products left being built with the AGCO name on it.

Your Dealer is phasing the AGCO name out? Agco may not be in the ZT type mower. But the ST 25 is a good looking machine. http://www.agcocorp.com/ AGCO Corporation is a world leader in designing, manufacturing, marketing, and distributing of agricultural equipment. Sold in more than 140 countries by over 8,000 dealers, AGCO produces and markets 22 brands with over a millennium of combined heritage. The cornerstone of our growth strategy is our global diversity, multiple brands and distribution strength with a keen focus on leading edge technology and superior customer service.

Started pricing the Legacy last week. Currently have 6 different price quotes from 6 dealers and boy do they:( vary in price. The Agco dealer in ND was way out of the ballparkB)! The diesel is more $$$$ and the people I've talked to said they were noisy? We decided on the 27 HP ^Kawasaki liquid cooled when we nail the final price down from one of the dealers. 4-wheel drive,60"mower deck,3-point,rear pto,loader. The dealers up here in northern MN are pretty scattered out so we do have to travel a few miles to the dealers. We did see one all set up the way we want it set up at a show 150 miles from us and he had a good price on it so he is on top of the list. He puts on some kind of a ATV grip type tires on them in a 4 ply rating. More phone calls & decisions to make before we sign the dotted line! I sure like the looks of the Legacy XL!!!!!!!!:D Anybody own one that wants to comment about it?

Hello Wayne, I have the 25hp Kawasaki gas motor in my Cub 7254. It's a great motor so far (60 hours) but it's only fault is that it is extremly cold blooded. It takes lots of choke and cranking to get her to pop when it's below 20 degrees. I went with the Cub because it's the same basic size as a Powermax, and I could not get by with the smaller Legacy. Another item of note is the Cub is direct driven to the hydro pump, no clutch, and this makes the cold start issue even worse. I put a Cub Transmission heater in it and that makes all the difference if plugged in for an hour at temps below 20.

Wayne, I don't have one, but my bet is that you will before you have grass to mow with it!! Good luck on your deal, Let us know when it comes home! Rob

Wayne What are you looking at as far as prices? My cousin is thinking about getting a tractor, and since they dont make the sovereign anymore i think this would be a good choice. What did they want for the 27hp one you looked at if i may ask? thanks john

I would like to keep from going over the $10,000 mark. My local dealer is a former Allis-Chalmers dealership in business since 1935. They have survived all of the name changes and color changes over the years, but unfortunately, he says more people are reconizing the Simplicity name instead of AGCO. He felt sales are stronger under the Simplicity name, so last year was his first year selling lawn and garden equipment under the Simplicity name. He told me that there are only certain Simplicity models now made with the AGCO name on it, including the new 2027 Series (Legacy XL), but "the handwriting is on the wall" that sooner or later there will no longer be lawn and garden tractors with the AGCO name on it. Only just the agricultural lines. He told me if he knew this back in 1985 when Allis-Chalmers was sold to Deutz, he would have switched to Simplicity back then. I now have 9 Simplicity dealers all within a 30 mile radius from where I live!

Legacy XL 27 HP Kawasaki liquid cooled ,4-wheel drive, 3-point, PTO, 60" Mower Deck, Loader & weight box^. Various quotes. $14629, $13694 , $14294, $12449 plus sales tax. A couple of quotes not listed wanted shipping:( from the factory. Have more quotes that were faxed to us but these will give you an idea of what they cost. The best deal was the one that we checked out at a home & garden show on the way back from the Brooks & Dunn :Dconcert. Heard them advertising on the radio so we decided we would stop in Hutchinson on the way home and see what was on display at the show. First thing I saw as we walked in was the dealers booth with a Legacy XL set up the way I wanted it. Good thing he brought the Legacy instead of the John DeereB) they also sell or I never would have stopped to chat with him! They put a ATV grip type 4-ply tire on all the garden tractors they sell. Nice looking tire. The best part of the deal was I traded some icesaws in the deal also that he's going to use as some promotional deal late in the fall. Hope to pick it up this week if weather permitting? We are to faraway for FREE delivery:(. Thought about the diesel and people were telling me they were noisy ?and I didn't know how it would be in our cold? weather in the winter and more $$$$$ I'll post more when we get it home and use it;).

Congradulations Wayne. Beings your a long time PowrMax owner, we should be able to count on a good 'new' machine report.

Wayne hopefully the Ice Saw business will help his business and he helps your business. Best wishes with your new tractor.

Wayne, good luck with it! Hopefully you have the time later on to snap a few pics and let us all know how she works. good luck