Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Paint

rs07

Could anyone out there tell me what shade of white paint was used on the wheels of Allis-Chalmers Lawn and Garden Equipment in the early to mid 80's? More specifically, the 900 Series. Not sure if they used pure white or an off white shade.?

Same title, same Question, same day, same page, 3 hrs apart and the answer is still the same. Simple trACtors Home>>Parts & Manuals>>Paint http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/paint_codes.htm

Try looking at antique white or almond in your choice of brand. One you like working with if rattle cans are ok. I find either one looks awfully close to the original color. Easy to use and inexpensive even if not totally technically correct.

One must truly be careful of the color. What happens if the color police come and take you away. What I would enjoy is a color chart that might include year by year and even model by model the different colors that can be found now a days. I know we have that pretty well down for AC but for Simplicity, it seems to be a bit lacking. I would be willing to compile a list of acceptable colors with manufacturer's number if people want to PM me the info.

I have had good results with rustoleum Almond, a near perfect match to the rims on my 3112h.

I went with off the store shelf Almond when I painted the hood on my 3410. Looks pretty darn good,if I do say so myself.(and I do!) If someone wants an exact color match,take the part off,and take it to the paint store.They can then give you an exact match.Sometimes people make things more difficult than they actually are.;)

I am with John - - 1. What if the color police come around? 2. Will tomorrow come if the color is off a little? 3. What about November, Bush or Kerry if I get the color wrong? 4. What will my wife say? 5. Will it effect the fuel octaine level required? 6. Will I Have to change the oil more often? 7. Will I have to switch to synthetic oil with the new color? 8. What about the tire size? 9. Will it still start in cold weather? Hot weather? 10. etc etc etc etc

Hi I also have a Question on rim colors .I have a 1963 725 sand blasted my 4 rims painted them white.3 months later you could see orange fading threw my newly painted white wheels.About 6 or7 months later my wife snd I were whatching TV and commercial came on about simplicity it says This is us now and this was us then .The then had orange wheels .Has anyone else ever heard of orange rims???

I personally have never seen a simplicity with orange rims. If you had the rims sandblasted, I don`t see how you could have orange fading thru the white paint either. Unless you used a red oxide primer or it was just rust fading thru maybe.

quote:
Originally posted by IronPony
I am with John - - 1. What if the color police come around? 2. Will tomorrow come if the color is off a little? 3. What about November, Bush or Kerry if I get the color wrong? 4. What will my wife say? 5. Will it effect the fuel octaine level required? 6. Will I Have to change the oil more often? 7. Will I have to switch to synthetic oil with the new color? 8. What about the tire size? 9. Will it still start in cold weather? Hot weather? 10. etc etc etc etc
What I have noticed is that if I put a thick coat of paint on rather than a thin one, my gas consumption goes up a bit. I think that might be due to the extra weight of the thicker paint. This is similar to what happens when they paint an airliner. If you look at the math where PE= mgh and E = mcc we can see that it leads to the fact that pi are round and cornbread are square

When I scrubbed the rims I mounted my tri-ribs on, which I THINK came off the B-112, which might have been off the B-10 parts tractor that came with it, I used soap and the kitchen sink green scub pad, I was surprized how WHITE they were. After a coat of rust killer, I painted them with almond anyway, like the rest of my rims are.

quote:
Originally posted by rjgoth
Hey Dutch, I though you were not going to do any posts for a week...... Whats up with that?
Try reading my entire post regarding that again. The words I use are not fillers, they are meant to be read. Anyway, the reason I posted in this topic was because a new PAID member asked a question, and Maynard answered it. Then some others wanted to throw in their 2 cents.

I'm with the folks that use "ivory" white. It is the the closest thing that I have found. JH